cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta Build 161.3.4836

Beta Build 161.3.4836

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer (32 Bit)
Offline Installer (64 Bit)
Mac OS X Standard Installer (Universal) Offline Installer (Intel)
Offline Installer (Apple Silicon)
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 Offline Installer

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

3 Replies 3

franz123445
New member | Level 2

This update is a disaster. After 3 days of using the beta version, the app always remains in 'Synchronising...' or 'Updating files...' status? What the hell did you do?
The only way I could solve it was to uninstall everything and reinstall. The automatic update is not reliable.

BluWizard
Explorer | Level 4

On the latest Windows 11 Insider Beta Build 22623 (dunno if it's affecting the stable 22H2), I can no longer access the context menu from the Taskbar by right-clicking or clicking the Dropbox icon whatsoever. It fails to open. Although it seems to sync, it still shows me a notification. But unfortunately, I cannot whatsoever access it or dismiss it because the context menu just does not work!

This same issue is also affecting the latest Stable Build for Dropbox.

schwnj
Explorer | Level 4

Similar to the other commenter, on this build I am unable to interact with the taskbar icon (either left clicking to get to the files or right clicking to get to the context menu). I uninstalled and attempted to use the stable 160 stable build but have the same issue. I think it is an interaction between something done with these builds and something in the latest Windows 11 beta release. Note that the taskbar icons are working fine for other apps.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

schwnj Explorer | Level 4
    BluWizard Explorer | Level 4
    franz123445 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?