cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta Build 55.3.167

Beta Build 55.3.167

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

18 Replies 18

John L.2
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox and helping test our beta build!  Here are the user visible changes in v55:

• Fixes issue where linking an account in headless mode on Linux would exit early.
  • Fixes issue where importing high efficiency photos could fail on recent macOS releases.
  • Fixes issue where “Don’t ask me again” on warning dialogs was not working properly in some cases.
  • Other minor fixes.

ernstMreicher58
Super User

Hi dropboxers,

there are not only sophisticated high end beta testers here.

I´m only a dummy user and I´m sure that there are some others of my kind.

We would be glad to see at least some minor really visible - not only visible - improvements!!!

workboy
Helpful | Level 6

Hi, is this version working normally with Mac OS 10.14 = Mojave public Beta 4

thanks

Tom_R
Helpful | Level 6

Suddenly, when I move files to subfolders in my dropbox, I get weird messages, asking me whether I really want to remove them from Dropbox. What gives?

macOS 10.13.6

Dropbox beta 55.3.167

Tony A.
Helpful | Level 6
From what I’ve seen thus far, everything seems to be working fine. Mojave 10.14 Beta (18A347e) on a MacPro5,1 and MacBookPro11,4.

workboy
Helpful | Level 6

Thank you. yes indeed, seems perfectly fine, just installed it.
That was not the case with the previous version (Mojave public beta 3)

Mads Ulrik S.
Helpful | Level 6

I still have problems with the beta and 10.14 Beta 4 (18A347e) and MacBookPro9,1. It's syncing but nothing happens - it dosen't download any files.

Tony A.
Helpful | Level 6

@Mads Ulrik S. wrote:

I still have problems with the beta and 10.14 Beta 4 (18A347e) and MacBookPro9,1. It's syncing but nothing happens - it dosen't download any files.

Mads, I suggest checking your Privace settings (System Preferences -> Secutiry & Privacy -> Privacy). At one point or another, I remember getting prompts to allow such-and-such.app to control something-or-other (e.g. Finder). At other times, I could have added them manually. Anyway, on my system, Dropbox appears in these privacy settings: Contacts, Calendars, Photos, Accessibility, and Automation. I have all checked except for Photos.

Something to try, at least. I noticed that Mojave seems to be more strict with regard to security and privacy settings.

For a while, I could not create reliable clones of my startup SSD using Carbon Copy Cloner because Mojave required that the CCC helper file be added to the Application Data privavy setting. It was only yesterday, with the issue of the latest CCC beta that this became possible. Now I’m not getting an error message anymore when cloning my startup drive.

artministry
Explorer | Level 4

Greetings. I just began using the beta build 55.3.167 due to unexpected behavior after I installed the Mojave beta OS. My question: is the Dropbox Updater going to automatically "update" this to a stable build (which is what was giving me problems on Mojave)? Thanks in advance.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

nikhilm Dropbox Staff
    Verwijs Helpful | Level 6
    Tony A. Helpful | Level 6
    artministry Explorer | Level 4
    Dan_Drogynous Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?