cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beta Build 58.3.88

Beta Build 58.3.88

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

NipunnK
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the latest minor update to the v58 beta series.

Here are the specific changes for v58.3.88
  • Fix performance regression on smart sync placeholder format migration on APFS

Here are the specific changes for v58.3.87
  • Minor improvements to the auto-updater

v58 Release Notes
  • Desktop Camera Upload was re-importing High Efficiency format photos from iOS devices that had previously been imported via the Dropbox iOS app.  This has been fixed.
  • The splash screen for the first use of Desktop Camera Upload incorrectly showed "Never for This Device" on the opt-out button -- it now correctly shows "Don't Ask Again", reflecting that opting out on the first usage will prevent prompts for any other devices connected in the future.
  • Other minor fixes and improvements

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

H. Battle
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Where is change log ?

NipunnK
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the latest minor update to the v58 beta series.

Here are the specific changes for v58.3.88
  • Fix performance regression on smart sync placeholder format migration on APFS

Here are the specific changes for v58.3.87
  • Minor improvements to the auto-updater

v58 Release Notes
  • Desktop Camera Upload was re-importing High Efficiency format photos from iOS devices that had previously been imported via the Dropbox iOS app.  This has been fixed.
  • The splash screen for the first use of Desktop Camera Upload incorrectly showed "Never for This Device" on the opt-out button -- it now correctly shows "Don't Ask Again", reflecting that opting out on the first usage will prevent prompts for any other devices connected in the future.
  • Other minor fixes and improvements

NipunnK
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi H. Battle.

Love the enthusiasm.

We actually automate the process of posting a new build, but the release notes are done by hand, so there's sometimes a small delay - but they come!

oblaum
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

hello,

i was trying this built as i hoped it solve one problem i am facing. but it does not (unfortunately).

my dropbox i on an fast external driver which is encripted plus formated as mac os extended (journaled). when restarting the computer (imac retina 5k, late 2014) it takes up to 5 seconds (due to the encriped format) until this drive and other drives are mounted.

so in the meantime the dropbox app is showing the error "drop box folder missing", via relink it starts the whole process so i must quit the dropbox app and restart the app.

is there a workaround for this?

thanks

oli

ps is this build mac 10.14 mojave ready? 

NipunnK
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi oblaum,

Thanks for the question.

What's the experience you get when Dropbox starts up when you boot up your computer? Is it just a 5 second delay, or a more serious issue?

I'll look into the Mojave question. I think it *should* work modulo some minor issues that we've seen coming in and have been fixing, but I'll verify and get back to you.

DesktopReleases
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi oblaum,

To follow-up on this, we do support Mojave as of v58. :grinning: 

Upon upgrading, you may notice a new accessibility permission prompt, which we have more details on here. Hope it helps and enjoy the new OS!

Need more support?