cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beta Build 60.3.89

Beta Build 60.3.89

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

14 Replies 14

samertm
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox and helping test our beta build! Here are the user visible changes in v60:

• Fixed rare errors on Mac where Smart Sync files couldn’t be downloaded
  • Minor improvements to the Dropbox badge’s position responsiveness
  • Fixed minor type in preferences
  • Other minor fixes and improvements

HW71
Explorer | Level 4

Hi all, anyone else facing connection issues using this version?

On my laptop running LMDE & Cinnamon desktop Dropbox keeps showing the notification "Starting"  - but for whatever reasons it fails to connect to the Dropbox servers. 

Switching back to version 59.4.93 everything works fine again.

TIA & Cheers, Erik

samertm
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the report! I've filed it internally.

norbmor
Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox 59.4.93 connects and synchronizes correctly in Ubuntu 18.04; when upgrading, Dropbox 60.3.89 refuses to connect and grays out forever. What is hapenning?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Hey @norbmor, thanks a lot for reporting your findings on our Community!

As we’d like to keep things neat, I’ve moved your post under the relevant thread (which is closely monitored by our app developers), in order to add your voice to the feedback gathered internally. Thanks again for posting us on the matter! 

DenisBY
Explorer | Level 3

Today I've noticed that my Dropbox doesn't have a green icon and found that it stuck in "Connecting" state. It has version 60.x. I've tried to re-install it with `cd ~ && wget -O - "https://www.dropbox.com/download?plat=lnx.x86_64" | tar xzf -` and it worked until it updated itself. After checking I found that version at `https://www.dropbox.com/download?plat=lnx.x86_64` is 59.x and then Dropbox update itself to version 60.x.

Therefore it seems something has been broken in version 60.x. Any ideas?

JonNY79
New member | Level 2

Were any changes made to the logic in the Upload Limit | Limit Automatically logic?  At my vacation home, I have a low-bandwidth Internet connection and have noticed significant impact recently to other devies when DropBox is uploading, but pausing it resolves the issue.  Previously, DropBox has been able to upload without causing interruption to my other web traffic.

NipunnK
Dropbox Staff

Hi JonNY79 - Thanks for the report. Filed an internal task to take a closer look.

Do you know if the issue started with v60?

NipunnK
Dropbox Staff

Approximately what is the bandwidth on the low-bandwidth connection?

Need more support?