cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report: Small display bug on latest BETA build (64.3.123)

Beta Build 64.3.123

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

5 Replies 5

samertm
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox and helping test our beta build!

Here are the specific changes for v64.3.123:
  • Fix a rare issue where the tray panel that opens when the tray icon is clicked is sometimes blank.

Here are the specific changes for v64.3.121:
  • Fix an issue that prevented Smart Sync online only files from being opened on Windows.

v64 Release Notes
  • Fix the tray icon to work in more Linux desktop environments. Specifically:
    • XFCE. Tested on Xubuntu 18.04 and Xubuntu 14.04.
    • LXDE. Tested on Lubuntu 18.04.
    • Gnome Flashback. Tested on Ubuntu 18.04.
    • MATE. Tested on Ubuntu 18.04.
    • Gnome on Fedora 29 with the (K)StatusNotifierItem/AppIndicator Support” extension and libappindicator installed. (Note, the TopIcons Plus” extension worked previously, and still works.)

The Linux Dropbox app has two implementations of the tray icon: one using libappindicator, and one using Qt’s QSystemTrayIcon. Previously, libappindicator was only used if certain desktop environments (like Unity) were detected. That would cause Dropbox to fallback to the QSystemTrayIcon implementation for certain desktop environments, which didn’t work correctly if there was a “StatusNotifierWatcher” host registered.

Now, if the following conditions are met, then Dropbox will use libappindicator to create the tray icon:
  • There is a “StatusNotifierWatcher” host registered.
  • Either libappindicator3 or libappindicator is installed.

You can check to see if you have a “StatusNotifierWatcher” host registered by running the following as a python script:
import dbus
try:
    session_bus = dbus.SessionBus()
    watcher = session_bus.get_object("org.kde.StatusNotifierWatcher", "/StatusNotifierWatcher")
    props_iface = dbus.Interface(watcher, "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties")
    props = props_iface.GetAll("org.kde.StatusNotifierWatcher")
    print("IsStatusNotifierHostRegistered:", props['IsStatusNotifierHostRegistered'])
except:
    print("StatusNotifierWatcher host is not registered.")
    raise

• Fix some accessibility issues with preferences panel.
  • Enable position independent executable on Linux.
  • Fix a bug where some users that unlinked a paired account would be unable to interact with Dropbox until the app restarted.

Martin H.53
Helpful | Level 5

In the latest beta build, the checkbox at the bottom left of the display seems to show a superposition of a thin gray checkbox and a fatter white checkbox on a green circular background, see attached.

I am posting this here instead of replyig to the beta announcement since try to reply gives me an error message "An unexpected error has occurred".

DisplayBug.png

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Martin H.53, I moved your post here; perhaps some like-minded community members will have some more ideas to share on this with you. 

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

samertm
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the report! What sort of computer are you seeing the issue on? (If you can't reply to this thread for some reason, send me an email: samer@dropbox.com)

samertm
Dropbox Staff

I talked with Martin over email, and it looks like the display bug is fixed in v65, which is the current beta release.

Need more support?