cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Beta Build 77.3.127

Beta Build 77.3.127

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: Everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page

This is an early release feature that is subject to these additional terms.

8 Replies 8

samertm
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox and helping test our beta build! Here are the user-visible changes in v77:

• Show the amount of space saved by Smarter Smart Sync on the Sync Tab in Preferences.
  • Add support for zfs (on 64-bit systems only), eCryptFS, xfs (on 64-bit systems only), and btrfs filesystems in Linux.
  • Fix issue where the share modal sometimes wouldn’t let you change the visibility of a document.
  • Fix issue that was preventing “Open Dropbox Folder” from working on Ubuntu 19.04.
  • Fix issue where Windows drive icons (e.g. C:\) show a red X in Explorer.
  • Fix the majority of “error 2” installation issues on Windows.
  • Fix issue where sync status labels are stuck at “Starting…” after Dropbox has restarted even though sync is working.

Javierin
Explorer | Level 4
Is NFS folder syncing supported again as it was before? Waiting to re-subscribe for a confirmation on this.

Nate_C
Super User

I'm happy to see zfs/xfs/btrfs support back on the Linux client! However, I'm most excited about the eCryptFS support since I use that to encrypt my home directory.

DavidParker
Helpful | Level 6

fgdgfdg

DavidParker
Helpful | Level 6

I wish this came earlier. Invested time to build my own OwnCloud. I guess Im not gonna move back

Jason B.36
New member | Level 2

@DavidParker I'm guessing there are a lot of us in that boat. I appreciated being able to pay for a service to help me sync files between my devices rather than having to roll my own.

I took this as yet another reminder that I shouldn't get lazy. FWIW I'm using Nextcloud now. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nextcloud

Jason B.36
New member | Level 2

> submit

cyberspectre
New member | Level 2

When can we expect to see these changes in the stable build? I was going to move away from Dropbox, but will stay if I can use it on my BTRFS server.

Need more support?