cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 117.4.378

Stable Build 117.4.378

clientreleases
Dropboxer
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

7 Replies 7

Re: Stable Build 117.4.378

harrysfil
Experienced Collaborator | Level 12

Why can't you tell us what's new in every version please.

Brad_B
Helpful | Level 6

Release notes please.  I've been hunting a memory leak for a couple of weeks.  I now have a PC that no longer has the memory leak issue and Dropbox is 1 of 4 tools that auto-updated on that system.  Would be hugely helpful if you gave notes on what your updates do.

nyhunter77
Helpful | Level 5

Dropbox doesn't seem to work with my mac on big sur at all. 

But it's only been the last few days. Can't sign out, can't pause sync, always is trying to sync.

Images from the mac don't go to the cloud, they get saved in the desktop. 

Can't even quit without forcing quit in activity monitor. 

I saw the post that said a previous update worked with big sur, but that was in the v101 area. I didn't want to install something that old.

I should add I've been using dropbox over 5 years, maybe close to 10, also a paid customer, and this is the first time I've had this amount of trouble.

What is up? 

Edit, i downloaded Stable Build 116.4.368 and installed that, everything was working again and then the dropbox closed and updated itself. Now it's 117.4.378 and it doesn't work anymore.

Can i keep the version Stable Build 116.4.368 until you resolve this? Nothing works on 117.4.378

Update 2: I tried the beta, that works. I usually don't do betas but dropbox is essential to me. If there was no beta, we should be allowed to keep an older version that works ... 116.4.368 worked. Thank God to whoever fixed 117 in 118.

New morning - 3.10.2021

Although this morning, I'm not sure if it's stuck again. Keeps saying syncing and downloading 50,578 files. There should be no need to download that many files on this machine. Maybe 10 images that were automatically uploaded from my phone.

ewest
Explorer | Level 4

I've been having sync issue since yesterday (when this update automatically was rolled out).  Several files have not synced since yesterday.  I have tried everything, except for re-installing the application.  This is a business account, and I'm not able to have my files sync to my colleagues. Major disappointment.

nyhunter77
Helpful | Level 5

Yep, now 118 is not working well, the same update that came into this must have gotten pushed to 118.3.448.

Says indexing 912 files and can't do a **bleep** thing - i reiterate, i am a paying customer

Proudly
Explorer | Level 4

Sam issue here on OS X Big Sur:

been stuck on this status since before the weekend. Major problem as I depend on files being up to date, and I'm a Dropbox business customer. Does Dropbox monitor these forums and offer any support? Only fix is to restart machine, some files will update, and then we're back into this no man's land.... WTF?

Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 15.08.07.png

nyhunter77
Helpful | Level 5

It's lasted more than the weekend. I've been stuck too. 

Beta Build 118.3.423 - I found this worked just fine but I didn't want to be on beta, it was the only fix.

Beta Build 118.3.448 - Then when they updated to this, the problem must have been put back in the code.

I'm a paying customer, and use it for home as well as work. 

This is so messed up. I had a long conversation with customer support and they said they would email me instructions on keeping it on version 116.x.xxx bc that was the last version that worked. 

That code is just for updating dropbox manually. I don't think there is a way to block the auto updates. 

We need to have that functionality in these situations. 

I'm totally pissed off 😞 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

nyhunter77 Helpful | Level 5
    Proudly Explorer | Level 4
    ewest Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?