cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stable Build 135.4.4221

Stable Build 135.4.4221

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

2 Replies 2

Peter H.87
Collaborator | Level 10

Seems really slow to access a file in Windows Explorer that was previously offline with smart-sync, say > 30 seconds before it's available. Is that just me or is anyone else seeing it?

Curmudgeon
Helpful | Level 6

With the planned elimination of the standalone desktop app for accessing files, the status indicators for sync status are INCREDIBLY slow to appear.  I'm talking MINUTES for all the folders and files in a folder to be updated with the sync status indicators.  I am on a high-bandwidth internet connection, using 1GB ethernet to the desktop and have no similar problems with Box, iCloud or OneDrive, so before the defense-centered Dropbox responses start flowing, I'm confident this is a DB Finder Extension problem.  I have 7 processes running for that, 1 for Dropbox Activity Provider and 4 Dropbox Web Helper processes.  They're sitting mostly idle, even as Finder struggles to tell me what the sync status is in my folders.  This is one reason I object strenuously to the removal of the desktop folder app.  Not sure why, but at least it showed sync status more quickly than it's being reported to Finder.  Probably another instance where they really don't know how to leverage the Mac architecture the way they do Windows. 

Need more support?