cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stable Build 141.4.3299

Stable Build 141.4.3299

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer (Universal) Offline Installer (Intel)
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 Offline Installer

Auto-updates: In progress

10 Replies 10

LegendofJuli
Helpful | Level 5

Is this version compatible with Apple Sillicon?

harrysfil
Experienced | Level 13

Please explain what's new in this version. Because many improvements and fixes does not explain a lot.

Mark
Super User II

@harrysfil - I've been asking them to do this for over a year. They've ignored every single comment about it and point blank refused to do so. If nothing else its arrogant and rude of them 😞 

harrysfil
Experienced | Level 13

I know but i will keep asking so that one day they will decide to explain what's new in every version.

Mark
Super User II

@harrysfil my point to @clientreleases is that how can we test software when we dont know what we are testing?

TJ Luoma
Collaborator | Level 9
I mean, I guess you can believe whatever you want, but the idea that you’re somehow going to change their minds about this by repeatedly posting about it on the forum seems more than a little far fetched.

If they ever do start posting an actual change log, it will most likely be due to deciding that there’s some benefit to them.

It’s not likely that someone is sitting there thinking “Ok it’s been 537 days and we haven’t posted any information, but if I get one more forum post, I’m going to have to start giving them some answers.”

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

akseeker
Helpful | Level 6

Not only does Dropbox not tell you what's changed, they don't even provide info on what OS it'll work with. I downloaded stable release 141.4.3299 in hopes it would halt the ~hourly ~30Meg DropboxMacUpdate.app downloads, really irritating on a 1Meg connection, but 
"The following disk images couldn't be opened" because 'Image not recognized'.

Does anyone know of an alternative to Dropbox that isn't so internet-chatty?

varenc
Helpful | Level 6

@akseeker 

I've seen it do that too.  It shouldn't be wasting bandwidth like that... But you can stop `DropboxMacUpdate.app` from waking up every hour by unloading its launchd job:

launchctl unload ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.dropbox.DropboxMacUpdate.agent.plist

akseeker
Helpful | Level 6

I 'fixed' it by (finally succeeded in) downloading the offline Dropbox 142.4.4197.dmg and installed it, problem seems to have ceased.

Thanks anyway, hopefully Dropbox will fix the problem in the future…

Need more support?