cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stable Build 142.4.4197

Stable Build 142.4.4197

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer (Universal) Offline Installer (Intel)
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 Offline Installer

Auto-updates: In progress

18 Replies 18

Fabio L.
Experienced | Level 12

My Apple M1 Macbook got the new stable build with Apple Silicon native (I am not in the beta channel). So it seems that this version is finally stable?

akseeker
Helpful | Level 6

Will this work on macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6 (17G14042)?

DropboxMacUpdate.app has used 1.4 GB of data over the last two days, in ~30Meg chunks every hour or so, really irritating since I only have a 1Meg connection. Does this build stop that constant chatter?

harrysfil
Experienced | Level 13

Please explain what's new in this version. Because many improvements and fixes does not explain a lot.

DarthEd
Helpful | Level 6

I hadn't upgraded my Mac desktop client in a while. When I finally upgraded to v142.4.4197, I noticed that the estimated time remaining to sync/upload had disappeared from the application menu. I started a thread on this here:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-installs-integrations/Upload-sync-time-remaining-estimate-re...

Please like and reply to that thread if you would like to see it return.

AndrewD1
New member | Level 2

The autoupdate for macOS is failing to download every time and continuously retrying.

Trying to download and install via the installer app continuosly fails and retries - presumably as it downloads the same corrupt file.

The DMG for the offline installer is also corrupt and not recognised by the OS nor by Disk Utility.

This is for Dropbox 142.4.4197.dmg. 

Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 08.12.52.png

I have tried downloading on several Macs using different browsers and it never produces a valid download.

I would suggest the DMG file is corrupt?

Mark
Super User II

Another post without any change log @clientreleases 

Mark
Super User II

AndrewD1
New member | Level 2

Well - I got there eventually with the offline installer. After trying to download the file several times on both macOS and Windows with as many browsers as possible, I eventually got a valid file using Safari on macOS, but even then the download was interrupted halfway through. When I look back over the files I downloaded, no two were the same size. Now, I have no other issues with downloading or internet access here, streaming etc are all smooth, so I have no idea what the cause of this corruption was. It remains the case that the auto-update agent was continuously downloading corrupted data in the background. I was only aware of the problem when I noticed network activity when I wasn't actively doing anything myself.

So I got to the latest update by manual means eventually. As to the why - no idea!

mathematix
Helpful | Level 6

I have the same problems, but it does not seem to be the .dmg file. It happened with the previous stable build, and with the current one, and a friend could download the .dmg file fine. I could then download it from them (through a shared Dropbox map, Oh irony!) and it worked. At the moment this seems to be the only way to keep Dropbox current (and prevent AutoUpdate from eating all my bandwidth a few times a day (also slow connection, Mac OS High Sierra, as another poster mentioned)

Need more support?