cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We’ve covered lots of big life moments in our ‘How we use Dropbox’ series - and now we even have some tips on how you can use Dropbox to keep the planning of a wedding as easy and as painless as possible over here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stable Build 153.4.3932

Stable Build 153.4.3932

clientreleases
Dropboxer
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Features in this update: 

• A banner encouraging Basic users to try the Backup trial has been added.
  • Basic users nearing their storage capacity will now see a banner in the Backup app that presents their upgrade options.

Fixes in this update: 

• A scrollbar bug, causing the resizing cursor in selective sync, has been fixed.
  • Crashes occurring during startup of Dropbox on macOS 13 have been fixed.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer (Universal) Offline Installer (Intel)
Offline Installer (Apple Silicon)
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 Offline Installer

Auto-updates: In progress

25 Replies 25

Michele_B
Helpful | Level 7

Hi, this is to let you know that my Macbook pro has been autoupgraded to this build, and now VoiceOver is reading version number and syncing status as expected. I cannot find the post about the issue right now, but **bleep**'s now fixed. Thank you very much!

Barbuz

Fred D.2
Explorer | Level 4

Unfortunately, I can't get the arm build to run on my Mac Studio macOS 12.4. Previous build 152... runs fine. I've tried re-installing 3 times and finally gave up. I don't know about the Intel yet.

Fred D.2
Explorer | Level 4

Well, never fails. I was auto-updated to 153... and it's working. I wonder why the installer failed?

Michele_B
Helpful | Level 7

Hi Fred, I was autoupgraded too, and it's working ok. I previously installed it manuually on my Macbook pro m1, I don't know if you were aware of this but now they made the installer for Apple Sylicon as well, so I think you'll need to chose this installer. Chances are this one is somehow corrupted, but it's just my supposing.

Bye!

Barbuz

Fred D.2
Explorer | Level 4

Barbuz - Yes, I'm aware of the different installers. I had a problem with the arm one. The Intel installed fine except the installer wouldn't quit after it finished the app update and it was running.

Fabio L.
Experienced Collaborator | Level 11

I have been just auto-updated to this build and the icon in the taskbar is now in the "no connection" mode, dark grey (but it is connected and syncing). I am on Mac OS 12.4 Apple Silicon. Also the "over" information when passing the mouse over the icon disappeared.

Michael S.189
Explorer | Level 4

Same issue as @Fabio L. on mac OS 10.14.6 on Intel: icon is grey, and no hover text.

Edit: Same problem on Catalina.

pineman
Explorer | Level 4

Had the same issue but having just updated to Monterey 12.5 on my Silicon iMac the icon is now black and shows text when hovering.

Fabio L.
Experienced Collaborator | Level 11

Thanks @pineman . Updating to 12.5 seems fix the problem with the dark grey icon. Thanks for the tip.

Need more support?