cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stable Build 153.4.3932

Stable Build 153.4.3932

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Features in this update: 

• A banner encouraging Basic users to try the Backup trial has been added.
  • Basic users nearing their storage capacity will now see a banner in the Backup app that presents their upgrade options.

Fixes in this update: 

• A scrollbar bug, causing the resizing cursor in selective sync, has been fixed.
  • Crashes occurring during startup of Dropbox on macOS 13 have been fixed.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer (Universal) Offline Installer (Intel)
Offline Installer (Apple Silicon)
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 Offline Installer

Auto-updates: In progress

25 Replies 25

Michele_B
Helpful | Level 7

Hi, this is to let you know that my Macbook pro has been autoupgraded to this build, and now VoiceOver is reading version number and syncing status as expected. I cannot find the post about the issue right now, but **bleep**'s now fixed. Thank you very much!

Barbuz

Fred D.2
Explorer | Level 4

Unfortunately, I can't get the arm build to run on my Mac Studio macOS 12.4. Previous build 152... runs fine. I've tried re-installing 3 times and finally gave up. I don't know about the Intel yet.

Fred D.2
Explorer | Level 4

Well, never fails. I was auto-updated to 153... and it's working. I wonder why the installer failed?

Michele_B
Helpful | Level 7

Hi Fred, I was autoupgraded too, and it's working ok. I previously installed it manuually on my Macbook pro m1, I don't know if you were aware of this but now they made the installer for Apple Sylicon as well, so I think you'll need to chose this installer. Chances are this one is somehow corrupted, but it's just my supposing.

Bye!

Barbuz

Fred D.2
Explorer | Level 4

Barbuz - Yes, I'm aware of the different installers. I had a problem with the arm one. The Intel installed fine except the installer wouldn't quit after it finished the app update and it was running.

Fabio L.
Experienced | Level 12

I have been just auto-updated to this build and the icon in the taskbar is now in the "no connection" mode, dark grey (but it is connected and syncing). I am on Mac OS 12.4 Apple Silicon. Also the "over" information when passing the mouse over the icon disappeared.

Michael S.189
Explorer | Level 4

Same issue as @Fabio L. on mac OS 10.14.6 on Intel: icon is grey, and no hover text.

Edit: Same problem on Catalina.

pineman
Collaborator | Level 8

Had the same issue but having just updated to Monterey 12.5 on my Silicon iMac the icon is now black and shows text when hovering.

Fabio L.
Experienced | Level 12

Thanks @pineman . Updating to 12.5 seems fix the problem with the dark grey icon. Thanks for the tip.

Need more support?