cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 153.4.3932

Stable Build 153.4.3932

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Features in this update: 

• A banner encouraging Basic users to try the Backup trial has been added.
  • Basic users nearing their storage capacity will now see a banner in the Backup app that presents their upgrade options.

Fixes in this update: 

• A scrollbar bug, causing the resizing cursor in selective sync, has been fixed.
  • Crashes occurring during startup of Dropbox on macOS 13 have been fixed.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer (Universal) Offline Installer (Intel)
Offline Installer (Apple Silicon)
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 Offline Installer

Auto-updates: In progress

25 Replies 25

smashprod
Explorer | Level 3

Ticket #18058484.

Someone replied to me early today, and said:

Hi David,
Sorry for the delay in replying.
I added another member of our Team to this ticket so they can help us out further. They will take a look at all the steps we took so far and get back to you soon.
If you would like to add anything else, please reply here in the meantime.
Regards,
Colin

I did add more information, but no one has gotten back to me all day. I opened the ticket on 7/28, and have yet to get any help.

Thanks-
David

jekratz
Collaborator | Level 9

To those who might consider switching to OneDrive because it supposedly works so much better than Dropbox... I am currently waiting about an hour with the various bits of OneDrive using 100%+ CPU uploading one folder thats 1.4GB and 26000 items and one thats 130mb with about 500 items. Trying to transfer from one work Mac to another and at the moment this is an Intel Mac having the problem but it's still using the same version of OneDrive as the Apple Silicon Mac on the other side. So no, there is no magic there, OneDrive is still terrible. 

c. hongyuan
Explorer | Level 4

截屏2022-08-03 22.27.39.jpg

Michael S.189
Explorer | Level 4

New stable build 154.4 fixes the menubar icon.

user001
Helpful | Level 6

I have the feeling that the problem will never be solved. For our company, time has come to look for alternatives. The smart sync problem of macOS 12.3 still exists. And soon ventura will be released... Nothing concrete has been heard for months. Apparently there is a private beta, referred to here:

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/macos-12-monterey-support

«A private beta version is currently available to select users.» but support knows nothing about it.

We can't manually download the linked files for each InDesign or After Effects individually. With 14 TB of data and a clean directory structure for various customers and jobs, that doesn't work. Everyone would lose massive amount of time. If I have to put an external hard drive at every workstation so that all data is local, we don't need Dropbox anymore. I think it's time for VPN and a big NAS - like in the old days.

asiufy
Collaborator | Level 8

If you're on "Dropbox Business", the private betas apparently don't work, according to Dropbox support.

I suggest you give OneDrive a go. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

asiufy Collaborator | Level 8
    user001 Helpful | Level 6
    Michael S.189 Explorer | Level 4
    c. hongyuan Explorer | Level 4
    jekratz Collaborator | Level 9
What do Dropbox user levels mean?