cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn more about Dropbox Replay? We’ve just launched a brand new group, find out how to join here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stable Build 159.4.5870

Stable Build 159.4.5870

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Fixes in this update:

• Issues preventing the Dropbox icon in the menu bar (macOS) from displaying sync status changes have been resolved.
  • To prevent potential issues, the Dropbox folder can no longer be located in a macOS user's Library folder.
  • The right-click menu options in File Explorer will no longer be duplicated in Windows 11's Show more options sub-menu.
  • Instances of crashing when downgrading to an earlier release version have has fixed.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer (32 Bit)
Offline Installer (64 Bit)
Mac OS X Standard Installer (Universal) Offline Installer (Intel)
Offline Installer (Apple Silicon)
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 Offline Installer

Auto-updates: In progress

9 Replies 9

harrysfil
Experienced | Level 13

I had downloaded the 64bit offline windows version. 
But today windows app updated to 159.4.5870 but installed again a 32bit version so i had to download again the offline 64bit.

Is there a way to have automatic updating to 64bit and not roll back to 32bit?

John S.160
Explorer | Level 3

As far as I can tell it's only the installer that's 64 bit. When I tried the 64 bit offline installer it still installed 32 bit Dropbox so I think maybe it's only the installer that's 64 bit. Others may know something different.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @John S.160, the rollout to the 64 bit Windows version is ongoing, so it might not be rolled out to your device yet. 

Rob6185
Explorer | Level 4

So I downloaded the offline installer for this stable version, and ensured "early releases" was off on my settings, yet it updated to the beta 160.3.xxxx version again. Is that a normal occurance?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Rob6185, what OS are you running on your device?

Rob6185
Explorer | Level 4

Win 10 Pro 22H2

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Did you install the file directly, or did you try to uninstall the app and then install using the offline installer?

Rob6185
Explorer | Level 4

did it both ways.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

😈😈😈 !!!BUG!!! 😈😈😈

For whatever reason Dropbox application refuses to sync some files (and it's 100% repeatable). For reference take a look here.

Please FIX it!

Need more support?