cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stable Build 179.4.4917

Stable Build 179.4.4917

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer (32 Bit)
Offline Installer (64 Bit)
Mac OS X Standard Installer (Universal) Offline Installer (Intel)
Offline Installer (Apple Silicon)
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 Offline Installer

Auto-updates: In progress

8 Replies 8

ITEasy
Helpful | Level 5

Hello, after updating to this version, the Dropbox application no longer starts. The problem occurs on several computers with Windows 10 Pro 22h2 without any Dropbox account being logged in. Every time I reinstall the previous version of Dropbox, everything works fine until the automatic update to 179.4.4917 takes place.

TCSLTD
Explorer | Level 4

I have just spent 2 hours trying to resolve this with my client!

I can confirm that this release causes the app to not open. No GUI at all just the Dropbox service.

I managed to find an older version which helped short term until the update forced itself in and broke the app again. 

Please sort this ASAP.

pxl8
New member | Level 2

Same problem here... 😞

ryos
New member | Level 2

same problem as the others, dropbox won't start

Fabio L.
Experienced | Level 12

Just autoupdated to 179.4.4919 but there's a creepy Beta on the client - I did not opt for the beta releases.

Screenshot 2023-07-29 alle 08.59.42.png

chaosman01
New member | Level 2

It seems this version is completly unstable and not working.

even using the the offiline installer is not solving the problem.

It will automatically update to this version and crashes.

Please bug fix ASAP

Errors in Event Viewer on W10Pro

CertFindCertificateInStore failed with: (-2146885628) Das Objekt oder die Eigenschaft wurde nicht gefunden.

Filter Unload failed with: (-2145452013) Der angegebene Filter wurde nicht gefunden.

Pipe server thread stopped.

Die Beschreibung für die Ereignis-ID "0" aus der Quelle "dbupdate" wurde nicht gefunden. Entweder ist die Komponente, die dieses Ereignis auslöst, nicht auf dem lokalen Computer installiert, oder die Installation ist beschädigt. Sie können die Komponente auf dem lokalen Computer installieren oder reparieren.

Falls das Ereignis auf einem anderen Computer aufgetreten ist, mussten die Anzeigeinformationen mit dem Ereignis gespeichert werden.

Die folgenden Informationen wurden mit dem Ereignis gespeichert:

Service stopped

ITEasy
Helpful | Level 5

Since 70 hours have already passed since the notification, but Dropbox support has not yet offered any solution, I managed to temporarily solve the problem by installing the beta version 180.3.471, until another stable version appears to fix this problem.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi all, thanks for your reports on this. 

I just wanted to mention that our team is looking into this and, for now, you can manually reinstall the 178 version of the desktop app without being updated to the 179 version automatically. 

I hope this helps! 

Need more support?