cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

31.4.25 (Mac)

Stable Build 31.4.25

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

5 Replies 5

2dmartin
Helpful | Level 6

build 31.4.25 is being blocked by Norton because it does not have a valid digital signature

David Z.8
Helpful | Level 5

So what are the changes to this? Normally I can find changelogs for programs, but for Dropbox there’s basically this forum and I can't seem to find any answers.  (And when can we shut off the “priviledge overescalation” which asks me for my password when I start up — but doesn’t seem to affect anything when I don’t provide it?)

Mark
Super User II
Dropbox stopped providing change logs well over a year ago. At that time the manager of the team told us they were working on a solution and it would be communicated to us shortly. Since then absolute silence. All thats happened is that the version numbers have increased fortnightly. Its a very regular request from people to know whats changed or tweaked etc. but they are too arrogant, rude and unprofessional to engage in any conversations about it or even look at a solution.

In terms of the password this used to be to put the overlays on.

Philip M.21
New member | Level 2

Still disappearing - forced to reinstall version 30.4.22 and block updates (though it manages to work itself around that if i leave the computer unattended for a while). So roughly once a day i get to reinstall an older version to be able to send/receive file updates and see the program in the taskbar.

Running Windows 7 Pro with Panda AV.

Suggestions?

CorinneC
New member | Level 2

I am having the same issue as you Philip M.21. Have been communicating with Dropbox support for a week trying to resolve it with no luck.

Install 30.4.22 works fine but once it autoupdates to 31.4.25, the app stops working and disappears from the system tray etc. You can successsfully reinstall 30.4.22 to allow sync momentarily until autoupdate kicks in.

I am running Windows 10 Enterprise withh Windows Defender on a domain user account. 

This issue with version 31.4.25 does not occur on a pesonal Windows 10 computer with Windows Defender, or a personal Mac running Sierra.

Need more support?