cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 34.4.20

Stable Build 34.4.20

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

7 Replies 7

mikozee
Explorer | Level 4

Why does the dmg installer keeps downloading and mounting for this particular version? Its annoying since not only does my work get interrupted if I have to close the laptop lid for a few moments but also the fact that it canot be ejected normally and requires a force eject which adds further to the delay.

The dropbox app is already updated to the latest version. 

Ulas A.
Helpful | Level 6

are you really changing something?

ozziem
New member | Level 2

This build apperas to be broken in OS X, Snow Leopard (10.6.8) - does not start.

I know you are disctontinuing support in Jan 2018, but thought I had between now and then to come up with an alternative solution.

Tried reverting to previous stable version which worked fine ... until it auto-updated and died.

Error messages conclude with: "ImportError: Bundle could not be loaded"

salamurai
Helpful | Level 6

I have a 2008 MacPro currently running Mac OS X 10.9.5. Starting Monday, I had kernel panics several times in an hour. Being that Dropbox is the only thing that updated in the last week -- because my attempts to stop Dropbox's insistant auto-updating have failed -- I took it out of my Login items. I have not had a single panic since. In the future, I will just manually launch Dropbox once a day or so.

I think perhaps v34.4.20 isn't as stable as you feel it is.

I also think perhaps Dropbox no longer meets my needs. Causing system instability, having an updater I cannot turn off and that STILL checks far too frequently for updates (every hour, when the app is only updated every other week), and basically being a jerk are all very good reasosns to leave.

nikhilm
Dropbox Staff

mikozee,

Thank you for raising the issue. The Dropbox v36 release should have fixed the failure to eject DMG issue. If you are willing to try the Beta build, you can test it out immediately, otherwise please wait until v36 is released as stable.

nikhilm
Dropbox Staff

We released v34.4.22 on Friday that should fix the boot issue on MacOS 10.6. Please try it out. We do not intend to break 10.6 compatibility before the announced end of support.

mikozee
Explorer | Level 4

The problem still persists even if the client is updated to 34.4.22 stable. What will happen is a 34.4.20 installer (dmg) will still mount. If you double click, it will downgrade the installed client to that version. Ignoring it is still difficult since the windows pops up on top of your active windows once computer is revived from sleep. Ejecting is somewhat easier but it still gets stuck sometimes.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

mikozee Explorer | Level 4
    nikhilm Dropbox Staff
    salamurai Helpful | Level 6
    ozziem New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?