cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 52.4.58

Stable Build 52.4.58

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

26 Replies 26

Jenna15
Explorer | Level 4
I think I'm a little unclear. I mean i downloaded and installed the Beta offline installer version. Not the Beta Stable build - that's not a thing - that's just me confusing my terms. It was the *Beta offline installer* version that installed and runs with out crashing.

Woot.

Takeshi_N
Helpful | Level 5

Hopefully this might be a solution for others of you with a similar problem.

Thank you for this information.

I tried to install Beta Build 53.3.65 *Standard Installer*,

and it workd fine for me!

It is working well without crashing.

Thank you so much.

Lara84
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you so much!! It seems to have worked. I am keeping my fingeres crossed that it will still work once it will automatically update itself. After over a week without Dropbox and several unhelpful emails from the support (plus no more replies now for over 3 days), it is syncing. 

Thank you again 🙂

tennantgoucher
Explorer | Level 3

I did a somewhat advanced uninstall followed by an offline install of 53.3.65 (Beta).

I didn't modify the Dropbox application at all (I left MacUpdate alone).

Turned on wifi and it's been running for almost 8 hours. (Initially it synced over 186,000 files, but it did it in about 1.5 hours.)

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Fingers crossed............

k0t2004
Helpful | Level 5

I can confirm, the version 53.3.65 works just fine without any modification right from the box.

Thanks team.

nikhilm
Dropbox Staff

We are working on releasing a new stable version with the crash fixed soon. We will auto update users and post the build to the forums once it is ready.

samertm
Dropbox Staff

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience! The crashes on macOS 10.9 - 10.11 and the use of discrete graphics have been fixed in the latest Stable build, 52.4.60, which you can get here: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Stable-Build-52-4-60/m-p/282256

Your Dropbox may have already autoupdated to that version, so there's no need to manually install it unless you're still seeing those issues.

Changelogs should also be posted to that thread shortly.

Best,

Samer

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

samertm Dropbox Staff
    nikhilm Dropbox Staff
    k0t2004 Helpful | Level 5
    tennantgoucher Explorer | Level 3
    Lara84 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?