cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 53.4.67

Stable Build 53.4.67

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

23 Replies 23

Fabiopfr
Explorer | Level 4

I´m having the same problem here. Tried the v51.4.66 and it still doesn´t work. At first I tried without uninstalling the v53 (and it didn´t work) and then I tried unistalling the v53 and it still didn´t work. Any other ideas?

samertm
Dropbox Staff

@Fabiopfr Just to confirm, Dropbox is stuck on "Starting..." for 10+ minutes for you as well?

The Dropbox client updates automatically, so even though you downloaded an older version, it probably autoupdated to the latest before making much progress. I just temporarily disabled client autoupdates for you, mind trying v51 again? I really appreciate the help during our investigation.

Here's the download link for v51: https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?build=51.4.66&plat=win&type=full

Jim8
Explorer | Level 4

Is this version for Windows 10 64bit?

I installed and in task manager its saying Dropbox (32bit)

I fear im going to hit a ram ceiling with this instance soon (1.8million files to sync)

Fabiopfr
Explorer | Level 4

I uninstalled dropbox and deleted history files on the "files explorer" and reinstalled the v53. Now it´s working fine. 

Jim8
Explorer | Level 4

@Fabiopfr

Any chance you could please map out your steps you took to resolve this? What is the 'files explorer' you mentioned?

Thanks

TrevorFox
Explorer | Level 4

@samertm

Just to confirm you are wanting me to return to a much older version of Dropbox?  I have my entire 'My Documents' on Dropbox, so just a bit hesitant to perform this install.  Will it require a complete resync of all files?  I have 165GB and over 24k files in Dropbox.

Fabiopfr
Explorer | Level 4

I followed the steps at https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/advanced-reinstall

Take a look and see if it works for you.

Best regards

TrevorFox
Explorer | Level 4

Just to confirm you are wanting me to return to a much older version of Dropbox?  I have my entire 'My Documents' on Dropbox, so just a bit hesitant to perform this install.  Will it require a complete resync of all files?  I have 165GB and over 24k files in Dropbox.

samertm
Dropbox Staff

@TrevorFox Yes, just temporarily to see if the issue goes away. No need to do it if you don't want to, though, but it would help our investigation of the issue. It shouldn't require a full resync.

@Jim8 We currently only ship Dropbox as 32-bit on Windows.

@Fabiopfr I'm glad the advanced reinstall fixed the issues you were seeing!

riwamoto
Explorer | Level 4

Hi samertm,

I gave it a try and it appears version 51.4.66 does not suffer the protracted starting issue.  Hope that helps your team resolve the issue for future versions.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

nikhilm Dropbox Staff
    riwamoto Explorer | Level 4
    samertm Dropbox Staff
    sweidentha New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?