cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stable Build 56.4.94

Stable Build 56.4.94

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

4 Replies 4

NipunnK
Dropbox Staff

Hello friends! Here's the changelog for the stable release of v56

Thanks for using Dropbox ðŸŽ‰

v56 Release Notes
  • Fix Dropbox icon on Ubuntu 18.04 with Unity to use libappindicator
  • Avoid popping up a permissions dialog when changing the name of Dropbox folder on macOS Mojave
  • Fix minor issue with smart sync interacting with antivirus on initial login 
  • Other minor fixes

Gustavo M.2
Explorer | Level 4
Oh, wow! A changelog! Thanks for the update.

smmontgom
New member | Level 2

Sadly, repeatedly crashing on my Win7 machine for the last month. I've been through 8 rounds of support so far, but I keep getting the same "why don't you try to uninstall and restart and install" advice from a "Ben" that does not pass the turing test. If I could go back to 54.4.90, which was the last working version on my computer, I would, but if this continues for more than another week I'm going to cancel my subscription. :sadpanda:

nikhilm
Dropbox Staff

@smmontgom could you tell us more details?

When does it crash? As soon as you start it, or some time after? Are you interacting with Dropbox when it crashes? Could you try v57 and see if that works?

I am noticing that your client is running into several memory errors and is generally syncing a lot of files. Is it possible your system is low on memory?

Need more support?