cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 81.4.195

Stable Build 81.4.195

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

21 Replies 21

kgdoura
Helpful | Level 6

This is a nightmare. Since Dropbox has forced its update to v. 81.4.195, this solution has become a source of frustration, an anti-productive thing. 

First, it started stucking on indexing for 4-5 hours, although no major changes have been made in my files (no files edited or added / removed in bulk). It started all suddenly.

And now, the app is simply crashing all the time on Windows 10, it can't start, it crashes a few seconds after starting itself, and so on. I uninstalled Dropbox, restarted Windows, installed the latest "stable" update (81.4.195), same issue. 

After more than 5 years using Dropbox Pro, I am losing almost all my trust today. I have no explanations. My job is pending for such a ridiculous bug coming from nowhere. 

Any workaround ? 
Thanks for your input! 

FuMastaDre
Explorer | Level 3

I'm having a similar crash issue. I have a brand new laptop with windows 10 installed. I just installed dropbox but it keeps crashing in the same way. There is no Antivirus on the laptop yet, also checked the Firewall rule. Tried Uninstalling and re-installing but no luck. Does anyone know if there is a solution for this problem yet?

kgdoura
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for your contribution. I should add that crashing happens "silently", without any error message in return.  

Too much bad luck : support team in vacation till Monday plus, zero "Help from the Community" in this forum. I am astonished that nobody has something to recommend.

kgdoura
Helpful | Level 6
Dropbox desktop app on Windows 10 (latest update) keeps crashing over and over again immediately after being launched, it restarts itself and crashes after a few seconds. I have gone through the troubleshooting checklist (disabled antivirus, firewall, restarted computer, uninstalled and installed Dropbox) : the issue is still there. This is honestly the most annoying update I have in 5+ years. My business is pending because I trusted your services. I am waiting for explanations.

kgdoura
Helpful | Level 6

I have uninstalled it, erased any traces as recommended by "advanced re-install", I reinstalled it using both standard and offline installaters, I narrowed selective sync to some dozens of files to keep the sync light and to test, nothing changed. Dropbox crashes within seconds, restarts itself, crashes again. Frustrating. I have never had such a critical issue in more than 5 years, being a user of Dropbox Pro.

Knowing that Dropbox's support is not 7/7 (which is highly frustrating by the way), I am looking forward for any hints or similar experiences in this Community forum, supposed to bring answers within 4 hours when support service is on weekend vacation. 

Some more elements : 

- Hours before the crashing issue, my desktop app (same version 8.4.195) was stuck on indexing for at least 5 hours, knowing that I did not change, add or remove large number of files in bulk. 

- When I install the latest Beta Build 82.3.133, crashing almost disappear, however, Dropbox is stuck on syncing knowing that selective sync is narrowed to a few dozens of files. My desktop app just says "syncing..." without any single information about the number of files synced so far. It is simply stuck. And I am honestly sick about it. Shall I keep trusting this "productivity" solution ? Two days where I put much energy, in  vain, trying everything recommended. 

Users who experienced the same concern, Moderators, @Walter, I kindly ask you for help. Help from the Community, they said. 

Thank you!

ebarth00
New member | Level 2

This is happening to me too. Dropbox used to be my favorite app and now this new interface is horribly bulky and slow. It crashes constantly. i just want it to launch my normal explorer folder again. What the heck dropbox! :*(

omdreamer
Helpful | Level 5

I agree WTF DropBox?

I've been going in circles with you support team for over 2 weeks and it's still not working!!!!

gtai88
Helpful | Level 7

Stable Build? again you forced us to update to this rubbish, provided zero support when something goes wrong. in meantime we uninstall / reinstall a hundred times

this build is resyncing me files and then crashed without warning. it is broken and my work cannot be sync for 2 days. 

cant even go back to the last stable build as your stupid program forces an update. 

Besides the usual "have you tried" from your useless support , what else can you guys do ? surely it is not right for dropbox to do it over and over again and never seens to be any responsiblity to any problems created 

CladMonitor
New member | Level 2

I provided a way to revert back to the last version  and skip the current one but it does require a little bit of know how. You can see the update in this blog post by Core Technologies for thier product called "AlwaysUp". 

https://www.coretechnologies.com/blog/alwaysup/dropbox-not-working/

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

yetson Helpful | Level 6
    Sipper Explorer | Level 3
    gtai88 Helpful | Level 7
    NutritionNut Helpful | Level 6
    Ritesh A. Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?