cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 81.4.195

Stable Build 81.4.195

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

21 Replies 21

gtai88
Helpful | Level 7

I given up ... I am surprise that arent more people complainting.. 

it basically damaged my Dropbox PC . it just crash and stuck at syncing 4 files , black login screen etc.. 

do they actaully test this ? even build another PC and try to sync , and this smart sync thing is just the stupidest idea when it doesnt work (200Mbps connection, can't even open a PDF) 

are we stupid , been paying this people all this years and they simply has no idea .. 

their support is crap and all whole community are full of "pls reinstall" pls "uninstall" suggestion. 

Hrachazizian
Helpful | Level 6

The last update is horrible. I am upset as well and I see no hope that it will get fixed by dropbox. I have been workinng with the sales team to upgrade to a premium service and now i think i am going to pull the plug as this last update has made dropbox useless to me.

gtai88
Helpful | Level 7

they have been emailing everyone in my office too to upgrade.. they are dreaming if they are getting more money from me.

Dear Dropbox, if anyone is listening.. STOP this forced update craziness , test your update, before you totally FXXKs someone's business who placed trust in your service 

this is worse than getting malware.. malware I can restore and move on.. 

they update simply a f-ing joke! 

jbuve
Explorer | Level 4

I had also problems with stucking on connecting state & crashing after few minutes even after a clean install. After installing an old build (https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Stable-Build-79-4-143/td-p/360015) without deinstalling the current version, dropbox restarts and autoupdate himself - after this its start working again! Hope this helps someone!

omdreamer
Helpful | Level 5

I can really empathize with what everyone's going through here, db's new desktop client/forced update release has wreaked havoc on my workflow and their tech support is absolutely abysmal! I've bee dealing with this for 17 days now!!! Totally unacceptable for a paid premium service. 

I was able to find a workaround for my mac using a network filter to block db from updating itself. I use Little Snitch, https://www.obdev.at/littlesnitch/ but any network filter firewall should be able to handle this...

I can't seem to share a screenshot here so here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/klhodtunga54r7u/Screenshot%202019-09-26%2011.23.32.png?dl=0

Hope this helps some of you folks get back to work, it did for me!

lds
New member | Level 2

so I can't open any office files on the beta build without going local, "support" has had me reinstall about 6 times.  Now they are asking me to install  81.4.195  https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/bd-p/101003016

From the looks of this thread I'm kind of scared to do that.  Should I?

Wambo
New member | Level 2

We are running Dropbox on a server for customers who use a RemoteApp and save their files in the dropbox folder.

Since the last update Dropbox just stops working every other day and we have to kill the task and restart it completely so it starts synchronising again.

Please fix this asap or we'll have to move to other applications.

Thanks.

Ritesh A.
Helpful | Level 5
No problems here, Windows 10 pro 1903

NutritionNut
Helpful | Level 6

@omdreamer are you able to revert your Dropbox version back on your Mac? If so, please share! I have the same issue, on MBP 10.12.6 Sierra.

gtai88
Helpful | Level 7

move to other file sharing app. I am looking into it already

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

yetson Helpful | Level 6
    Sipper Explorer | Level 3
    gtai88 Helpful | Level 7
    NutritionNut Helpful | Level 6
    Ritesh A. Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?