cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 82.4.155

Stable Build 82.4.155

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

20 Replies 20

Fiona
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to hear that. :grimacing: In this case, I would like to start an email communication with the address you have associated with your Community profile @Josh_S. This way I can include specialized members of our team in this issue and solve it for you asap. 

Let me know if this is OK with you. Thanks!

Josh_S
New member | Level 2

Works for me.

Josh_S
New member | Level 2

I created a new Dropbox account and it work correct. The issue occured when linking my main account with selective sync.

John L.2
Dropbox Staff

Thanks Josh_S for the report!  As something quick you can try, can you see if the beta build performs any better (https://www.dropbox.com/downloading?build=83.3.123&plat=win&type=autosignin)?

Fiona
Dropbox Staff

I have already emailed you. I am not sure I understand what happened when you started using Selective Sync settings. 

Happy to hear the issue is not ongoing! However if you want me to investigate further just respond to my email from your old email address. :wink:

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @John L.2,

I want to ask you, why are recently stable application versions so "stable" (especially in quotes!)? May be, for recent releases stable means beta and beta means alpha. Right? :thinking:

Josh_S
New member | Level 2

Issue is resolved with version v83.3.123. My main account is now syncing.

gtai88
Helpful | Level 7

Does Dropbox development team realise this ? it is nothing stable about their stable build and it is wroong to just push it out without anyway of going back to a working version ? 

I just spend a week rebuilding damages caused by STABLE 81.4.135 and nothing they roll this out, it doesnt even restart automatically with windows 10. 

even if it caused 1 user a major problem , it is still no good enough. and support as you know if next to useless besides tell people uninstall, reinstall , advanced reinstall .. 

piter-pidzej
Explorer | Level 4

I can confirm Selective Sync issue, I report it in Ticket #9799937

kgdoura
Helpful | Level 6

Sorry for being honest, Dropbox has become a great anti-productive solution. This is the second update in a row (at least for me) that results in a huge mess : the desktop app on Windows 10 is stuck on indexing, preventing my files from being synced, and me from working normally. Instead of focusing on my job, I spend some more dozens of hours trying to fix this ****. This happens for the second time in a few weeks. Dropbox, you are abusing our trust and patience. And you push us to look for reilable alternatives. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JOHNCHG New member | Level 2
    kgdoura Helpful | Level 6
    piter-pidzej Explorer | Level 4
    gtai88 Helpful | Level 7
    Josh_S New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?