cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stable Build 83.4.152

Stable Build 83.4.152

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

47 Replies 47

Roadrunner604
Helpful | Level 6

I am still having problems with syncing not working, the sync starts but then throttles down to 0Kbps,

I have tried a forced clean install on some of the older stable versions but not sure how far back I can go since it would only be a matter of time before another forced defective update gets pushed to my machine again, the only real way to fix this, is to fix the bandwidth throttling which is happening. I am now getting 0Kbps sync speed and the sync is not done yet.

I am on Win 7pro 64Bit, I tried completely disabling my AV protection software including firewall to see if that helped, it did not. I tried another NIC, I tried manually setting the bandwidth my self to 50Mbps but of course it had to be done as a value for Kbps since thats how the desktop app works, I tried setting no limit, I set the desktop app to no proxy, but nothing can fix this on my end except for a proper patch to the program.  I have 175Mbps Up and down on my internet plan and I have tested that as well, no problems on speedtest.net and no problems with any other applications regarding internet speed.

Tried a clean reinstall, tried all the tricks but there is no fix on the end user side for bad code, fix this dropbox. This is rediculous and it makes people want to leave your service. This problem started after a forced auto update to version 82.4.156  from dropbox. I believe at this point I will no longer recommend Dropbox to my cleints any more, after all there are other cloud drive services which actually work.

Roadrunner604
Helpful | Level 6

Ok so my problem was solved, someone at dropbox support fixed something on my account, so if you are having this problem, maybe try contacting support through this forum and ask them to fix your account, good luck to all that have been dealing with sync issues lately

layolayo1
Helpful | Level 6

I'm still having problems with the dropdown menu, not showing me 'Recently Changed Files'. The second dropdown flashes on the screen then immediately disappears

Roadrunner604
Helpful | Level 6

You might want to try a video driver update perhaps that will fix it, since the problems do sound display related 

hope that helps

layolayo1
Helpful | Level 6

Not so sure, got a desktop and two laptops (all running Ubuntu 19.04) - they all have the same issue - also no other menu dropdown has done or does this? So maybe something in Gnome not getting called correctly, very strange response though as if I click multiple times, randomly it will show and stay and be fully functional, then if I close the dropdown I get the same thing happening again...  

Roadrunner604
Helpful | Level 6

ah ok I thought you might be on a windows machine, but with that said I find many times in tech support some applications expect certain dependancies for the OS or drivers to have and if the OS doesnt have those dependancies, they malfunction. I would still check for OS updates first, then video driver and last but not least mouse driver. If that doesnt work, then id suggest contacting DropBox support, maybe they have a fixed version you could download, also I wonder if there is a dropbox download in the ubuntu store, maybe you might get some luck there.

good luck

layolayo1
Helpful | Level 6

Here's a vid of what's happening...

layolayo1
Helpful | Level 6

Cheers - I'll dig around, had the issue for nearly a year now. Hopefully the latest 19.10 fixes it

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@layolayo1, This problem is still issue. As you already mentioned "no other menu dropdown has done or does this"! I can confirm that happens for long time (started might be a year ago). The issue is signaled. Would be fine to be solved finally. Even more, the issue isn't restricted to "Gnome" only, it's Dropbox application related definitely!

Lets hope... :thinking:

PS: Would be fine every user, reading this and experiencing the above issue, post a single line below, so at all could be more remarkable and focus Dropbox developers attention. :wink::8ball:

Need more support?