cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Latest Dropbox Version is Riddled with Bugs!

Stable Build 83.4.152

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

47 Replies 47

iiiyraegr
Helpful | Level 6

Is there any way for me to get back the version before 83.4.152? This "stable" version is utter and complete garbage.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Getting back earlier version is platform depending way. Dropbox daemon autoupdates whenever possible. Do your system provides some way freeze it? If so, this is the way. 😉

iiiyraegr
Helpful | Level 6
Please let me know where I can get earlier versions of the Dropbox installer, even if it is futile. With no apparent concern from Dropbox about the bugs in 83.4.152, downgrading the my last resort before migrating myself and several dozen collaborators over to another service where delta-syncing actually works. Even if I have to reinstall Drorpbox every time I have to sync data, that is less of a headache than dealing with the pig-dog-slow syncs with 83.4.152.

iiiyraegr
Helpful | Level 6
Geat, now even post editing is broken LOL. Fixed a typo: Please let me know where I can get earlier versions of the Dropbox installer, even if it is futile. With no apparent concern from Dropbox about the bugs in 83.4.152, downgrading is my last resort before migrating myself and several dozen collaborators over to another service where delta-syncing actually works. Even if I have to reinstall Drorpbox every time I have to sync data, that is less of a headache than dealing with the pig-dog-slow syncs with 83.4.152.

John L.2
Dropbox Staff
Hi iiiyraegr, Thanks for the very thorough report. We've issued a resynchronization command to your installation which should help resolve some of the issues you are seeing. --J

iiiyraegr
Helpful | Level 6
Thank you--I'll give Dropbox a try when it is safe to do so. As I said, Dropbox has a tendency to crash Excel, and this new infuriating file-locking means that I have to keep Dropbox turned off most of the time.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@iiiyraegr wrote:
... Please let me know where I can get earlier versions of the Dropbox installer, even if it is futile. ...

Hi @iiiyraegr,

All available releases are visible one level up the current thread. :slight_smile: Take a look on page top ("Desktop client builds").

iiiyraegr
Helpful | Level 6

Thank you John L.2, that appears to have resolved ALL of my problems, at least for now. 

IMO, that secret magic resynchornization button needs to be made a prominent feature of the Dropbox user interface.  It's ridiculous that I had to suffer for a week with completely saturdated bandwidth and painfully slow syncs when all it took was the press of a button on your end to fix it.

Also, it appears that not even all Dropbox staff are aware of this resynchronization command.  I have Jared in email explaining how Dropbox works to me (I've been using it for eight years, possibly longer than he has) and asking for screenshots to demonstrate the problems I've been reporting.

Javierin
Explorer | Level 4
Please, can you let us know if there is any intention to support NFS in linux installs again? I used it for years and had no issue, lots of people asked for it and no answer was given.

If you intend to address business users shared folders are something you need to support.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @Javierin,

If the problem is unsupported FS, you can take a look here for workaround without changing anything else. Be careful about change in a variable name, noted below the script, which should be corrected by hand (dropboxforum bug) before use! DBX_WEB_src have to be modified to DBX_WEB_SRC, that's it. :wink:

Hope this gives some direction.

Need more support?