cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox desktop client builds

Download the latest Dropbox beta or stable build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 88.4.172

Stable Build 88.4.172

clientreleases
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

40 Replies 40

June1
Explorer | Level 4

Same issue here. All files started on blue circle/syncing, with slow progress. I shut down and rebooted, and now nothing is syncing, the dropbox icon in the menu bar is stuck in "started..." with no progress whatever.

martin_at_home
Explorer | Level 3

Once this "resync" completed, it appears to havbe settled down and only synchronisng changes.

varenc
Helpful | Level 6

Dropbox clients on two of my computers also seem to be doing a mass-resync.  Possibly related to this release. Files and folders that haven't changed in years suddenly are getting the blue spinny icon. This is happening on two of my computers.  Looking around Dropbox in Finder also seems like it's making the problem worse and causing more things to turn blue.

Also the 4 "Dropbox Finder Extension" processes  (Dropbox.app/Contents/PlugIns/garcon.appex/Contents/MacOS/garcon) are each taking up ~10% CPU even though I'm not using Finder and have relaunched it.  Though that issue has been a regular one that's been around before this update. 

Here's a screenshot that'll work when Dropbox gets around to syncing it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6iu4vo337a3vndz/Screen%20Shot%202020-01-14%20at%203.08.29%20AM.png?raw=1

theshidoshi
New member | Level 2

Can someone please tell me if ANY of the latest builds fixes the zero-day vulnerability reported to Dropbox September 2019 for a local Windows 10 privilege escalation flaw??

I can't believe Dropbox is not dealing with it for so long regardless of how "low risk" the attack surface is. It is reported by every media outlet such as Forbes.  I need to have faith Dropbox is actually taking this seriously. I have yet to see 1 single reference to a potential fix on Dropbox's site.

Thank you

bigkaspi
New member | Level 2

@theshidoshi wrote:

Can someone please tell me if ANY of the latest builds fixes the zero-day vulnerability reported to Dropbox September 2019 for a local Windows 10 privilege escalation flaw??

I can't believe Dropbox is not dealing with it for so long regardless of how "low risk" the attack surface is. It is reported by every media outlet such as Forbes.  I need to have faith Dropbox is actually taking this seriously. I have yet to see 1 single reference to a potential fix on Dropbox's site.

Thank you

I would LOVE to know this as well. Been trying to check articles for any updates. This seems to be the only place to find changelog notes from the Dropbox team.

TonyP78
New member | Level 2

I'm also stuck in constant sync. Whole day at work and there nothing advanced. Now at home it's stuck on "performing one time update" thingy. All folders and files have the blue sync icon and nothing seems to advance anywhere. So DB is bonked on two separate computers.

"Stable" is not what I'd describe this update...

Anestis
Explorer | Level 3

Out of my 3 pc's, one is still stuck, as described by others. Tying reinstall , right now downloading offline installer...

Anestis
Explorer | Level 3

still nothing... un-reinstalled and still the app is running, everything is "blue" but task manager shows 0 activ.

funny thing, that same happened to my laptop, but it "unstuck" at some poit by itself! not sure whether to be happy or more frustrated! 

fingers crossed

Akos
Helpful | Level 5

I am stuck in sync for hours. Support is a joke.

Anestis
Explorer | Level 3

To continue from above: Left my 1 faulty pc open, it seems that it "re-iventoried" everything. Result after one night: some 15-20 folders "semi"duplicated (having few files of the original folder) and everything back to syncing order. my nr of files in dropbox are ~177k in ~10k folders, ~350GB total size

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Matt F.16 Collaborator | Level 9
    Server_Align Collaborator | Level 10
    MrAnderson Helpful | Level 5
    Brian1 Collaborator | Level 10
What do Dropbox user levels mean?