cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Stable Build 91.4.548

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows Standard Installer Offline Installer
Mac OS X Standard Installer Offline Installer
Linux x86_64 Offline Installer x86 OfflineInstaller

Auto-updates: In progress

8 Replies 8
Highlighted

Re: Stable Build 91.4.548

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for using Dropbox! Here are the user-visible changes in v91:

• Fixed sync issue for files larger than 2GB on 32-bit Linux.
  • Fixed handling of certain illegal filenames on Windows.
  • Fixed issue with file type icons sometimes not showing up for online only files on Windows.
  • Fixed a bug where a rare crash on the client occurred during periods of heavy sync activity.
  • Fixed a bug where syncing might have needed to be paused/unpaused before files would sync correct.
  • Fixed a rare bug where a notification became invisible and would never clear out.
Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

I encoutered an issue from stable build 90.4.307 and still exists in this version.
I run dropbox headless in Linux server (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS). In the Dropbox folder I mount one of the direcotry to another disk. For example "Dropbox“ folder mount on disk0 and "Dropbox/subfolder" mount on disk1. I did this just because the disk0 is not large enough to hold all the Dropbox files.

The issue is the dropbox stuck on syncing, showing the message like this:

Syncing 5,403 files • 2+ days
Downloading 5,403 files (0.0 KB/sec, 2+ days)

If I remove the mount point to disk1, the syncing will be OK.

Please help. Thanks!

Highlighted

Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @FasterL,

You can check if the two partitions/disks are supported using something like:

df Dropbox
df Dropbox/subfolder

Are results fall in the borders of DB system requirements? Next you can take a look here: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Files-folders/Syncing-is-stuck-on-my-Linux-devices-what-can-I-do/m-p... (might be the same).

Hope this helps.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Здравко,

Thanks for the help.

The tried the df command, it returns like:

/dev/md0        1.8T  0.9T  0.9T  50% /home/user/Dropbox
/dev/md1        1.0T  0.2T  0.8T  20% /home/user/Dropbox/subfolder

So I think it is not the DB system borders issue.
I tried methods in the post you mentioned, they did not solve the issue. 
I did some more test. If I remove the mount point of subfolder, let it stay on the disk which Dropbox folder does, then the syncing runs well. If I mount it back, dropbox stuck agin.

I guess the issue may relate to dropbox writing extended attributes to Dropbox/subfolder, which is a file system mount point.

Thanks again.

Highlighted

Sorry, my mistake. You have to use '-T' option to output FS type. Use following:

df -T Dropbox
df -T Dropbox/subfolder

@FasterL wrote:

Did you try the last step, pointed there? What is the result? For the state you have described mandatory have to be some output available, describing exact problematic points.

@FasterL wrote:

I guess the issue may relate to dropbox writing extended attributes to Dropbox/subfolder, which is a file system mount point.

No, no, definitely no. Mount points are regular folders like any other and if FS allows that, the extended attributes writing is available.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Здравко,

I can't do the test on production server again, so I create a test box to replay the issue. Here is output:

dropbox@dropbox-test:~$ df -T Dropbox Dropbox/subfolder
Filesystem     Type 1K-blocks    Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb       ext4  30832548 1059028  29757136   4% /home/dropbox/Dropbox
/dev/sdc       ext4  20511312   45072  20449856   1% /home/dropbox/Dropbox/subfolder

The dropbox stuck.

dropbox@dropbox-test:~$ dropbox status
Syncing 5 files • 2+ days
Uploading 1 file...
Downloading 4 files (0.0 KB/sec, 2+ days)

And the result for the last step in the post you mentioned is:

dropbox@dropbox-test:~$ (IFS=$'\n';for i in `ls -R1 ~/Dropbox`; do if [[ "$i" =~ ":" ]]; then cd `echo "$i" | sed "y/:/\//"`; echo -n "In folder: "; pwd; dropbox filestatus; fi; done) | grep -vi "up to date" | grep -vi ".dropbox:" | grep -vi ".dropbox.cache:"
In folder: /home/dropbox/Dropbox
subfolder:      syncing
In folder: /home/dropbox/Dropbox/database
In folder: /home/dropbox/Dropbox/subfolder
troublesome.txt: unsyncable

There are some files in the Dropbox server folder 'Dropbox/subfolder' which do not download and not show here.
The file 'Dropbox/subfolder/troublesome.txt' was created on the client side, does not uploaded. Don't know why it is unsyncable.

Thank you!

@Здравко wrote:

Sorry, my mistake. You have to use '-T' option to output FS type. Use following:

df -T Dropbox
df -T Dropbox/subfolder

@FasterL wrote:

Did you try the last step, pointed there? What is the result? For the state you have described mandatory have to be some output available, describing exact problematic points.

@FasterL wrote:

No, no, definitely no. Mount points are regular folders like any other and if FS allows that, the extended attributes writing is available.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi I am not able to sync files properly. I have installed dropbox in windows server 2012  R2. Dropbox is showing 

Uploading 8 files (0.2 KB/sec, 2+ days)
Downloading 6 files (0.0 KB/sec, 2+ days)

And, Sometime I need to pause the dropbox sync in order to access the files.

Please Help. Thanks in Advance. 

Highlighted

@FasterL wrote:

dropbox@dropbox-test:~$ (IFS=$'\n';for i in `ls -R1 ~/Dropbox`; do if [[ "$i" =~ ":" ]]; then cd `echo "$i" | sed "y/:/\//"`; echo -n "In folder: "; pwd; dropbox filestatus; fi; done) | grep -vi "up to date" | grep -vi ".dropbox:" | grep -vi ".dropbox.cache:"
In folder: /home/dropbox/Dropbox
subfolder:      syncing
In folder: /home/dropbox/Dropbox/database
In folder: /home/dropbox/Dropbox/subfolder
troublesome.txt: unsyncable

There are some files in the Dropbox server folder 'Dropbox/subfolder' which do not download and not show here.
The file 'Dropbox/subfolder/troublesome.txt' was created on the client side, does not uploaded. Don't know why it is unsyncable.

Hi @FasterL,

You can't make conclusion for one setup based on finding for another setup - the state could be different. In this context - in the first (production) setup you use/mount RAID virtualization, on the second - disks get mounted directly. Anyway... Probably the reasons are similar (let's hope).

As you have idea already for problematic points - did you check their classic attributes at least? What's the result coming from something like (according your posting):

ls -l Dropbox/subfolder/troublesome.txt

Two things have to be checked: Are uid of the file and uid of Dropbox application context matching? In this context: Has the Dropbox application access to the file (least read and write), according listed permissions in the received result? You can investigate further what prevent the application access to the file there (if need) - use your imagination.

Hope you are very close to the solution, now.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?