cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0x80070780 on system restore for inaccessible Win 10

0x80070780 on system restore for inaccessible Win 10

Explorer | Level 3

My desktop crashed due to power outage, cannot login, trying system restore ends in attached error 0x80070780, apparently a system restore is not a good idea with dropbox as I've read many issues with syncing corruption, so how can I restore, should I just delete all Dropbox folders and file off partition?  I'm not sure if I can access them on C:?  See attached screenshotsAAE38A08-9E77-4BB5-A8E9-8A5A838F70F1.jpeg74EBF72C-70DD-46A8-B12E-B6BCF8F6C2CC.jpeg

3 Replies 3

Re: 0x80070780 on system restore for inaccessible Win 10

Explorer | Level 3

@Mmballew88  wrote:

My desktop crashed due to power outage, cannot login, trying system restore ends in attached error 0x80070780, apparently a system restore is not a good idea with dropbox as I've read many issues with syncing corruption, so how can I restore, should I just delete all Dropbox folders and file off partition?  I'm not sure if I can access them on C:?  See attached screenshotsAAE38A08-9E77-4BB5-A8E9-8A5A838F70F1.jpeg74EBF72C-70DD-46A8-B12E-B6BCF8F6C2CC.jpeg

Also I'm using smart sync on most folders, I don't mind downloading again, and to make copy of files onto usb.  I don't understand file storage between C drive and H partition

Dropboxer

Hi @Mmballew88, thanks for messaging the Community!

Could you try doing a system restore without including the Dropbox folder and cache to see if this helps? 

Regarding the H:confused face:, this might be a method on how Windows restores files, so it's not something we can advise on, unfortunately.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

I was finally able to fix a currupted boot file and get back in and let dropbox sync, however, I have noticed smartsync does not seem to maintain it's folder (local/online) status very well, I have tried to set multiple times but it doesn't take and a lot of files are trying to sync again, it may be tech support messing with something as i raised a ticket with support team, thanks for your feedback here.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?