cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 computers different sync need

Highlighted

2 computers different sync need

New member | Level 2

2 computers - I've read all the 2 computer questions.  Most are questions regarding syncing the 2 computers to each other, either all or limited.  I have a small business, paid account.  I have 2 computers for 2 separate businesses.

Computer 1 - Has personal & real estate business/investing programs, folders/files.

Computer 2 - Strictly used for Wildfire fight & support business programs folders/files.

Each needs to only sync relative folders.  No problem.  Selective Sync for each computer.

However, I would like to also use automatic backup for each individual computer (desktop, docs, downloads).  Is that possible?  Or, will that work with only one computer without syncing to the other? 

Summary:  Two different computer needs/worlds.  Do NOT want the computers to sync to each other, only to Dropbox.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: 2 computers different sync need

Super Collaborator | Level 20

@WildfireFight wrote:

However, I would like to also use automatic backup for each individual computer (desktop, docs, downloads).  Is that possible?  Or, will that work with only one computer without syncing to the other? 

Summary:  Two different computer needs/worlds.  Do NOT want the computers to sync to each other, only to Dropbox.

Hi @WildfireFight,

As far as I know there isn't a way currently to sync standard folders "(desktop, docs, or downloads)", even if you want! 😉 So, you have no any problem.

Some queries for implementing such options are posted, but not implemented yet, so you will not be able make a mistake. 😄

Good luck!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?