cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 release

2020 release

lwsllc
Helpful | Level 6

Hello, 

Does anyone have an idea if everyone has been migrated to the "2020 release"? I don't seem to be according the way Dropbox says to check. 

Any ideas? 

Thank you!

D

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2020 release

lukeyo
Super User

Hey

I don't know if everyone has - did you check your own account?

1. Sign in to dropbox.com.
  2. Click Create new file.

If you do see Dropbox Paper in the dropdown menu, then you’re using the new 2020 release.

If you don’t see Dropbox Paper in the dropdown menu, then you’re using the old release.

Luke

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lukeyo
Super User

Hey

I don't know if everyone has - did you check your own account?

1. Sign in to dropbox.com.
  2. Click Create new file.

If you do see Dropbox Paper in the dropdown menu, then you’re using the new 2020 release.

If you don’t see Dropbox Paper in the dropdown menu, then you’re using the old release.

Luke

View solution in original post

lwsllc
Helpful | Level 6
Thank you Luke! I had tried that before. Just thought that when they announced it earlier this year, we would all be in it by now since 2021 is right around the corner 🙂 thanks again for replying! 🙂

Is this year 2020 or 2021?

lwsllc
Helpful | Level 6

Hey all,

It appears that it’s still 2020 as so many people are still waiting to be migrated to the 2020 release of Dropbox so that Paper documents will reside in the normal Dropbox folders along with everything else. 

I can’t imagine when the “2021” version will arrive 🙂 

But in all seriousness, Dropbox, when can we see this happen? 

Dinos

Steve J.5
Helpful | Level 6

We haven't been migrated.  Speaking to Dropbox support, they are unable to gives us a timeframe for migration.  It's very frustrating.

lwsllc
Helpful | Level 6

Very frustrating indeed, @Steve J.5! What concerns me the most is this: did they not do their due diligence early when they announced "the 2020 version" and told us we'd all be migrated *in* 2020? Did they have no idea what was involved technically with the project? The lack of transparency is seriously concerning to me. 

Last but not least...I was contemplating moving all my client documents etc from my project mgmt system to Dropbox Paper (and starting paying for a biz subscription...) because it's just easier for all my clients whom 90% of them already have Dropbox. Been waiting on this for a while and probably won't do this now. 

If they could at least say "we are sorry, we know haven't kept our promise, this is why...here are details...and this is what we're doing and when we can reasonably expect it to be delivered..."

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

lwsllc Helpful | Level 6
    Steve J.5 Helpful | Level 6
    lukeyo Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?