Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

280000 Deleted files don´t show up to see what to restore

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I recieved an email from Dropbox.

It says 280,000 files were recently deleted. It shows a link saying ¨See Deleted Files¨ showing a batch of 50,000 files, and toward the end of the email it says ¨and 150,000 files¨ as a link...

I click on the link and it takes me to the https://www.dropbox.com/deleted_files area, where the window simply times out.

I have hundreds and hundreds of folders, so going through each folder to see what was ¨deleted¨is not an option for me. How do I handle this issue to see what was deleted?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: 280000 Deleted files don´t show up to see what to restore

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @usascholar,

I can suggest looking at your Events page as this will also show you the deletion events and what was deleted in the event. 

What I might suggest, since you’re having troubles with loading the Deleted files page, is to try using a different browser to see if you still have the same issue with the page timing out. Otherwise, please try an incognito/private browsing window and clearing the browser cache to see if this improves the behaviour at all.

Let me know how it goes - Thanks!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: 280000 Deleted files don´t show up to see what to restore

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey there @usascholar,

I can suggest looking at your Events page as this will also show you the deletion events and what was deleted in the event. 

What I might suggest, since you’re having troubles with loading the Deleted files page, is to try using a different browser to see if you still have the same issue with the page timing out. Otherwise, please try an incognito/private browsing window and clearing the browser cache to see if this improves the behaviour at all.

Let me know how it goes - Thanks!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?