cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd computer not syncling

2nd computer not syncling

excalibur_NYC
Helpful | Level 5

HI, fired up my laptop after a couple months of it being offline.  Wanted to get it ready for travel and so retreiving data from Dropbox was important.  Many of the files already existed but needed to be updated.  I let it go for several hours and nothing updated.  Many files with blue circles and always some enourmous number having to be uploaded or downloaded (or both).  I restarted the machine.  I quite dropbox and restarted (at least 4 times now).  I've copied all the files from my desktop machine to my Laptop via flash drive and yet, they don't sync.  I've tried everything I can think of.  But it's 2 full days and not getting any better.

any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2nd computer not syncling

excalibur_NYC
Helpful | Level 5

Hey Lusil,

thanks so much for your reply.

It was really bugging me that all the other folders were synced and this one just wouldn't.  I felt that the box was communicating to the mother ship.  But just wasn't getting the right instructions.  As noted, I rebooted, stopped and started dropbox.

Finally did one more thing along those lines.  Reinstalled the dropbox desktop software.

Voila!   Can't believe it took me 2 days to get there, though.

Thankyou again though so much for your reply.  I appreciate it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @excalibur_NYC, let's see what we can do here. 

Since you've tried some initial troubleshooting already - great work by the way! - could you also give these steps a try?

Let me know how it goes, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

excalibur_NYC
Helpful | Level 5

Hey Lusil,

thanks so much for your reply.

It was really bugging me that all the other folders were synced and this one just wouldn't.  I felt that the box was communicating to the mother ship.  But just wasn't getting the right instructions.  As noted, I rebooted, stopped and started dropbox.

Finally did one more thing along those lines.  Reinstalled the dropbox desktop software.

Voila!   Can't believe it took me 2 days to get there, though.

Thankyou again though so much for your reply.  I appreciate it.

View solution in original post

Lusil
Dropboxer
Glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue in the end, @excalibur_NYC - awesome work with the troubleshooting!

If anything else comes up in the future, just give us another shout. 

In the meantime, I hope you have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?