cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 questions about files and file folders

3 questions about files and file folders

New member | Level 2
  1. How do I get access to the files in their native mode so that i can edit? Currently, if logged into DropBox on the web, when I open a file, it is in view mode only and not in the application that applies - Word, Excel, Powerpoint. 
  2. How do I indicate to Dropbox that I want to see folders and subfolders in File explorer mode - not from the web?
  3. If I am a member of a business account and I have a personal account, how do I switch back and forth from the icon or my profile or must I sign in separately?

Thanks for any information or direction that you can provide.

3 Replies 3

Re: 3 questions about files and file folders

Super Collaborator | Level 20

@kgw11 wrote:
  1. How do I get access to the files in their native mode so that i can edit? Currently, if logged into DropBox on the web, when I open a file, it is in view mode only and not in the application that applies - Word, Excel, Powerpoint. 
  2. How do I indicate to Dropbox that I want to see folders and subfolders in File explorer mode - not from the web?

Hi @kgw11,

Did you have Dropbox application installed? If not yet, install it.

@kgw11 wrote:

3. If I am a member of a business account and I have a personal account, how do I switch back and forth from the icon or my profile or must I sign in separately?

Have you connected your business and personal accounts? If not yet, connect them.

Hope this helps.

New member | Level 2

the installation of the app keeps failing on both personal account and on the business account in which i am a member. Not sure why. Have the most up-to-date version of Windows 10 and have Adblocker turned off. 

Super Collaborator | Level 20

@kgw11 wrote:

the installation of the app keeps failing ...

What you mean? Is some error message bringing up or...

Post everything that indicates how exactly "the application keep failing".

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?