cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

34 files stuck syncing for days

34 files stuck syncing for days

knorthofwest
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi there,

I am using dropbox on a Macbook Pro from 2017. I am only using 16% of the space available on my dropbox account.

I have never had any issues like this with dropbox before, but all of the sudden I have 34 files that are stuck syncing. At least one of them has been stuck syncing for over a week. I have tried quitting the app and restarting. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app. I just can not figure out what is the problem.

One thing to note is when I right click on the files that won't sync it says "that file is supported but someting went wrong."

I have attached a photo of what I'm talking about.

Any help would be appreciated as this is driving me crazy! This is a my work account, and often I am sharing files with multiple people, and I have lost that ability.

Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 2.06.54 PM.png

Best,

Krista

12 Replies 12

JoergEss
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

I'm getting nervous because since last wednesday nobody is answering me ...

mymgraphics
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Can I ask you how you found the illegal character? I am stuck at syncing 5 files and I know one of those must have the same issue you had. Is there a way to look up the files that are stuck so I can rename them?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @mymgraphics, thanks for nudging us here!

For now, you can manually check for any incompatible characters your files may contain by navigating to a path, pressing Ctrl + F (Windows) or Command + F (Mac), and entering one of the characters from this list

I understand that this may not be the ideal reply you were looking for, but I do hope it helps to some extent. 

Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can do to help. Thanks! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    mymgraphics Helpful | Level 5
    JoergEss Collaborator | Level 8
What do Dropbox user levels mean?