cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're back with another cheat sheet to make your 2022 easier than ever! Check out our tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 403 error occuring when attempting to download a document in Salesforce

403 error occuring when attempting to download a document in Salesforce

tammyk59
Explorer | Level 3

My entire team can no longer download Dropbox documents while in Saleforce.  This first occurred 2 weeks ago and I haven't received much help at all from Dropbox support.  I'm wondering if any other teams have experienced this same issue and if so how was it resolved.

Thanks, Tammyk

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey    as I understand that you’d need some additional assistance on this technical issue, I’ve made sure to create a support request on our system on your behalf. At your convenience, could you check your inbox for our latest message and let me know here if you have any issues locating it? 

Thanks again for your checking in with us on the Dropbox Forum & I'm looking forward to hearing back from you via email, so as to move forward on this matter together. In the meantime, I'm wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Mark
Super User II
Have you spoke to SalesForce? They are the people who make the integration with Dropbox so its them who should be able to help.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

tammyk59
Explorer | Level 3

Yes.  They tell me this is indeed a problem with Dropbox.

tammyk59
Explorer | Level 3

From Salesforce.

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for your time over the call. It was pleasure talking to you. I see dropbox section installed from " Dropbox for Salesforce" managed package. I have tried after our meeting and I couldn't replicate this. As I don't have access to drop box related managed package components (visual force pages, visual force components etc), I request you please check with dropbox package developers. I will await for your response.

Please let me know if you need further assistance on this. I will be happy to help you.

Wishing you Seasons Greetings and a Happy New Year from all of us at Salesforce.

Thank you for choosing Salesforce!

Mark
Super User II
Unfortunately you need to escalate with them. They make the integrations and they need to support them.

The only thing I can think of is to unlink and relink the SalesForce stuff, but, I'm not sure it will help. 403 errors are usually authorisation ones so it *could* help.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mark
Super User II
I've been doing some digging as well and I'm not 100% convinced that its Dropbox BUT I have a niggling doubt.... so I'm going to try and move this to the API sub-forum here to see if those amazing guys have any ideas 🙂

Greg-DB
Dropboxer
There isn't enough information here for me to offer any insight, unfortunately. If you have an unexpected API request/response, I could take a look, but otherwise the team that built/supports it will have to debug it first.

joedeschatg
New member | Level 2

Was there any resolution on this issue? We recently installed Dropbox for Salesforce, and we're now experiencing the same issue.

Jane
Dropboxer
Hey    as I understand that you’d need some additional assistance on this technical issue, I’ve made sure to create a support request on our system on your behalf. At your convenience, could you check your inbox for our latest message and let me know here if you have any issues locating it? 

Thanks again for your checking in with us on the Dropbox Forum & I'm looking forward to hearing back from you via email, so as to move forward on this matter together. In the meantime, I'm wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

joedeschatg
New member | Level 2

Hi Jane, thanks for following up! Sorry about the delayed response, I was away on vacation.

Thanks for creating the support request in the system. I can confirm that I received that email, and I'll be responding to it with some updates on my end. Thank you!

Need more support?