cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

404 Error to Any File That I Share From Dropox

404 Error to Any File That I Share From Dropox

Farukh Man
Explorer | Level 3

I have loads n loads of content (past papers, lab guides, etc.) uploaded on DropBox. These files are currently being shared with fellow students of my university. However, from last week, none of my shared links are working in private browsing. This means that I can access all the files, once logged in DropBox but when someone uses the private link to view that file it says "Error (404)
We can't find the page you're looking for. "

Any kind of help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: 404 Error to Any File That I Share From Dropox

Jay
Dropboxer
Thanks, I've sent you a message there. Please could you reply to it as soon as possible!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

Mark
Super User II

Sounds like your account has had sharing banned - possibly because its detected some copyright material in there. 

You can try and contact support at www.dropbox.com/support for help

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Farukh Man
Explorer | Level 3

I don't think so that anything I have uploaded corresponds to the copyright issue.

How can I contact a real person on DropBox support?

https://www.dropbox.com/support
This link takes to an automated few options, I need to contact with their customer support ASAP

Mark
Super User II

The only support channels available to your account level are shown at www.dropbox.com/support 

Otherwise you will need to wait until somebody from the online team picks it up on here next week ( @Jay possibly).

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Farukh Man
Explorer | Level 3

I hope someone does...
Thank-you for the prompt reply 🙂

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Farukh Man, would it be possible to contact you at the email associated with your forum profile to assist further?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Farukh Man
Explorer | Level 3

Hello @Jay,

Yes! Its possible to contact me on my email address. I have access to the inbox and would wait for your e-mail. Thank-you.

Jay
Dropboxer
Thanks, I've sent you a message there. Please could you reply to it as soon as possible!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

timgordon321
New member | Level 2

I'm getting this same problem - please would you mind helping me in the same way?

pmattarara
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem. Please could you help me to fix it? I need to share some info urgently.

Thanks!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    adenthevideo New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropboxer
    1001labs New member | Level 2
    TC106 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?