cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

404 error on shared link

404 error on shared link

MoneyFlip
New member | Level 2

Getting error 404 when clicking link to a shared folder
The files have not been renamed or moved.
Can u help me?

6 Replies 6

Re: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qn6d0zsy8u02r5q/AAA1iRfkRmQjKbh29__oJdEpa?dl=0

Mark
Super User II

The link has either expired, been deleted or removed. If you are owner try generating a new one or asking other person for a new one. 

If you get the same on a new link the person needs to contact support as its possible their sharing rights have been removed. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Shared link isn't previewing

gh7
Explorer | Level 4

hallo, i try to download firmware update for Provision Isr Sa-4100hdx. The link to Dropbox does not work. What can i do? The link is :https://www.dropbox.com/s/dl/5boa66gi7khquud/SA-4100HDX%2B%20Latest%20Firmware%20Version.rar

Re: firmware

Megan
Dropboxer
Hi @gh7, happy Tuesday! 

Can you let me know the exact error you're receiving when trying to preview the link? 

If you're getting a 404 error, it's possible that the sender erased the shared link, or that the file/folder connected with the shared link was removed.

As a result, I'd suggest following up with the sender for more details on the situation.

I hope this clarifies.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

gh7
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Lori, 

It is a 404 error. page not found.

Walter
Dropboxer
In that case, you'll need to contact the person who originally shared this link with you and ask them to share a new link or restore the file this link points to from their end @gh7

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

gh7
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you. I will contact the support team on there website.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

gh7 Explorer | Level 4
    Walter Dropboxer
    Megan Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?