cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We're back with another cheat sheet to make your 2022 easier than ever! Check out our tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 7 years photos all dissapeared

7 years photos all dissapeared

pizzayzay
Helpful | Level 6
I haven been using dropbox for a very very long time and I stored a BUNCH of pictures. The thing about it, when I went through my dropbox app today, EVERY one of my photos dissapeared. I suspect it was all deleted due to the fact that I connected my dropbox to my computer and I have delete the files on my computer thinking that they won’t affect my real files! Man was I wrong! I Deleted the files few days ago and my photos were all dissapeared today. I’m very devestated, my dropbox has a lot of important files and photos that I very much treasured! Can anyone help me retrieve those files?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

310EI
Super User

@pizzayzay wrote:
I Believe i have the premium account since I been paying dropbox for years, and I did recover half of my photos and files from the event page but half of it were gone, I noticed a lot of my photos from last year were missing. I think because the files that were deleted were too much it didnt pick up on those as well.
Thank you for trying to help, im trying to contact dropbox directly but nobody replied my email.

Hello, @pizzayzay...

Thank you for clarifying what type of Dropbox account that you use.

You're welcome.

Below are some guidelines for contacting support.

Phone support is available to Dropbox Business customers, your administrator can give the phone number and required PIN to you.  Basic and Plus accounts use the ticket system.

1. Submit a help request.
  2. Afterwards, you can track your ticket.

Replies usually take 1 to 3 business days with Plus and Pro users getting priority (longer for basic members).

PLEASE BE AWARE:

Do not submit more than one ticket for your particular problem.  Doing so will force your ticket to the end of the queue again which is counter-productive.

SUPPORT OPTIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL & TEAM PLANS:

If image doesn't load... refresh your browser, F5. Otherwise try again later

HELP REQUEST TOPICS:

If you cannot find an appropriate help request topic to choose from, then select:

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

groundhog
Super User

Hello,

If you have a free account, you should be able to recover files that were deleted no later than 30 days ago. If you are yousing professional account you have even longer time, 120 days. The procedure is described here:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/security/recover-deleted-files-folders'

In any case, remember that the main purpose of dropbox is to enable smooth sharing of files between multiple computers, accounts etc. If you are purely interested in backup and storage, other solutions may be a better option.

Good luck, I hope you will get your files back!

pizzayzay
Helpful | Level 6
The problem is the deleted photos and files were too big to even come out on there, I accidentally deleted 200gbs worth of files. I recovered some but most were gone

310EI
Super User

@pizzayzay wrote:
The problem is the deleted photos and files were too big to even come out on there, I accidentally deleted 200gbs worth of files. I recovered some but most were gone

Hello, @pizzayzay...

I sympathize with your dilemma.

Was the 200GB of files/photos actually uploaded to Dropbox?  If not, then they wouldn't be recoverable from Dropbox.  However, if the 200GB was uploaded to Dropbox at some point, then as your opening post above mentions that you only deleted the files/photos a few days ago... they should be recoverable.

What type of account you use (eg: BasicIndividual or Team)?

If you have a Basic account, then the 200GB of files/photos would not have been able to be uploaded to Dropbox due to the fact that storage space is only 2GB (free account).

Take a look at your events page to determine when the deletions occurred and the deleted files section will show your recent deletions.

I'm listing the Help Center articles below for your convenience, this way you can read them at your leisure.

HELP CENTER ARTICLES:

pizzayzay
Helpful | Level 6
I Believe i have the premium account since I been paying dropbox for years, and I did recover half of my photos and files from the event page but half of it were gone, I noticed a lot of my photos from last year were missing. I think because the files that were deleted were too much it didnt pick up on those as well. Thank you for trying to help, im trying to contact dropbox directly but nobody replied my email

pizzayzay
Helpful | Level 6
I see some of the photos on events but not on the deleted files, but when I went through my camera uploads and other files it’s not there

310EI
Super User

@pizzayzay wrote:
I Believe i have the premium account since I been paying dropbox for years, and I did recover half of my photos and files from the event page but half of it were gone, I noticed a lot of my photos from last year were missing. I think because the files that were deleted were too much it didnt pick up on those as well.
Thank you for trying to help, im trying to contact dropbox directly but nobody replied my email.

Hello, @pizzayzay...

Thank you for clarifying what type of Dropbox account that you use.

You're welcome.

Below are some guidelines for contacting support.

Phone support is available to Dropbox Business customers, your administrator can give the phone number and required PIN to you.  Basic and Plus accounts use the ticket system.

1. Submit a help request.
  2. Afterwards, you can track your ticket.

Replies usually take 1 to 3 business days with Plus and Pro users getting priority (longer for basic members).

PLEASE BE AWARE:

Do not submit more than one ticket for your particular problem.  Doing so will force your ticket to the end of the queue again which is counter-productive.

SUPPORT OPTIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL & TEAM PLANS:

HELP REQUEST TOPICS:

If you cannot find an appropriate help request topic to choose from, then select:

View solution in original post

310EI
Super User

@pizzayzay wrote:
I see some of the photos on events but not on the deleted files, but when I went through my camera uploads and other files it’s not there

Thank you for providing more information.

Please post your ticket number and I'll forward it to a Dropbox staff member to take a closer look (probably won't be until Monday so please be patient).

Jane
Dropboxer
Thanks for pinging me here 310EI:slight_smile:

I run a search on my end & I couldn’t locate your follow-up ticket on our system pizzayzay, hence I reached out to you via email on my end (i.e. on the email address you’ve registered on your Forum account), as our team can roll back your account back to a previous point in time. Once you reply to me via our Official Support channel, I’ll make sure to assign the case to a specialized colleague, so as to discuss your options after this point together. 

Anyhow, thanks for posting us on the Dropbox Community & welcome aboard.
I'll be awaiting your next message & I'm wishing you a wonderful week ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Need more support?