cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: A Team Folder has appeared and a standard dropbox folder has disappeared

A Team Folder has appeared and a standard dropbox folder has disappeared

louisenicholson
Explorer | Level 3

An old team folder has reappeared in my dropbox completely out of the blue (having been removed quite some months ago) and a standard dropbox folder of the same name that is in regular use has lost 90% of its content.  Nothing our end has been manually deleted - there are no linked events and nothing in the recycle bin.  

Oddly, the items in the team folder were a couple of days out of date but luckily the dropbox cache had the very latest updated spreadsheets and so I have been able to recover everything but I am now absolutely paranoid about this happening again. 

I have so far submitted 3 support calls to dropbox - Thursday 12th, Friday 13th and Saturday 14th and have not had any replies whatsoever,  Given the urgency of the matter and the cause appears to be a bug in the dropbox system, this is an absolutey disgraceful level of support.

Can anyone shed any light on what has happened here and how on earth you are supposed to get any support?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II

louisenicholson wrote:

I have so far submitted 3 support calls to dropbox - Thursday 12th, Friday 13th and Saturday 14th and have not had any replies whatsoever

And that was likely a partial cause of the delay. Opening multiple tickets will not help. It only slows down the process. Also, replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users). You can track your ticket here:

If you're a Dropbox for Business customer, then you also have access to phone support. The phone number and required PIN can be found in the admin console under Help.

I would suggest closing all but your earliest ticket and then adding a new reply to it. Also, post that ticket number here please.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kora
Dropboxer
Hi there,

On January 10th 2017 we started working on improving team folders for limited teams. Maybe this is the reason of the sudden changes you saw.

However, admins were sent an email being informed of these improvements. Have you not received it? If no, please check your spam/ trush because it might have ended up there.

Kora

louisenicholson
Explorer | Level 3

So I have just checked back and have an email dated the 10th January - which is the day you must have carried out the work and the day we lost our data.  How about some prior warning as it would have been prudent for us not to have been updating any files at the time and to have backed up my data.  

.. and then 4 days to respond to my support call......  

louisenicholson
Explorer | Level 3
Seriously poor customer service, really not impressive

Rich
Super User II

louisenicholson wrote:

I have so far submitted 3 support calls to dropbox - Thursday 12th, Friday 13th and Saturday 14th and have not had any replies whatsoever

And that was likely a partial cause of the delay. Opening multiple tickets will not help. It only slows down the process. Also, replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Pro users getting priority (longer for Basic users). You can track your ticket here:

If you're a Dropbox for Business customer, then you also have access to phone support. The phone number and required PIN can be found in the admin console under Help.

I would suggest closing all but your earliest ticket and then adding a new reply to it. Also, post that ticket number here please.

View solution in original post

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Need more support?