cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A folder within a shared folder has disappeared, what happened to it?

A folder within a shared folder has disappeared, what happened to it?

Explorer | Level 4

Good Evening,

I have a basic account and have shared a folder with some specific people. One person created their own named folder within my shared folder. As they are no longer in the group, their folder was still showing. However, I have noticed today that it has disappeared. Their folder contained copies of my documents but when I check to see if it was deleted nothing appears. in fact, dropbox has no reccolection of the folder or is able to find the shared person.  Please if you can, explain what has happened to this folder?  Many thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Missing Folder

Dropboxer

Hello @Stargirl0, I hope you're having a good day so far!

If you haven't already, can you check in your events page here, to see if there are any actions reported there for this shared folder?

If they appear to be no longer shared with the folder, another member with edit rights could have removed their access, or they removed their own access to the folder.

Let me know what you find and we can take it from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Dropboxer

Hello @Stargirl0, I hope you're having a good day so far!

If you haven't already, can you check in your events page here, to see if there are any actions reported there for this shared folder?

If they appear to be no longer shared with the folder, another member with edit rights could have removed their access, or they removed their own access to the folder.

Let me know what you find and we can take it from there!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Daphne, thank you fro your quick response.

I did follow the link you provided and it was very helpful but when I clicked on what folder or document had been deleted, it took me to my shared folder and nothing was there?

The did go in on Monday and rename a file but then I took them off from sharing and the folder was still there so I don't know how they were are to access it again?

So are you saying they removed the folder but did not delete it, that's why I couldn't find it?

Explorer | Level 4

Hi Daphne,

I clicked the link again and the folder was there and I was able to restore it.  Many, many thanks for your response.

Dropboxer

I'm glad to hear that helped @Stargirl0!

I'll be just a post away if you need anything else. :beaming face with smiling eyes:

Wishing you a great rest of your week!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?