cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A lost story

ALCalvert
New member | Level 2

Hi. Hoping someone can help me. I lost a story. I cannot find it in any of the places I save them. First, I was wondering if the fact my storage is full and not syncing might have anything to do with not finding it here. Second, if it is gone, is it recoverable? I last worked on it in November 2019 and didn't know it was missing until December 2020-so somewhere between those dates. Thank you in advance 🙂

1 Reply 1

Re: A lost story

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @ALCalvert; welcome to our Community and sorry to hear about your missing file(s)

If your account was/is over quota, you can't upload any additional files until you make up some space. For reference, you can track your quota on your account's plan tab if needed. 

Apart from that, if the file was successfully uploaded to our website and/or somehow deleted, there should be a sign of it in your events page

As per restoring it, in the case it was deleted, note that your account's recovery window depends on the plan you're on. 

For example, Basic, Family and Plus users can restore files deleted within the last 30 days. This extends to 180 days for our Professional and Business users. 

I hope this information helps and let me know if you have any more questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?