Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

A naughty folder that refuses to go away.

Explorer | Level 3

One of my folders has several layers of subfolders but has zero files. I want to delete this folder and all three of its subfolders. The folder and subfolders disappear when I push the delete button, but they reappear in the same place within several seconds. I am not having this problem with other folders in my main folder. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: A naughty folder that refuses to go away.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community @jimurozu!

This usually occurs because the folder/file isn't able to be deleted from a connected device due to it being opened or in use. As the folder can't be deleted, it then syncs back to the account.

However, since you don't have any files within the folder at all, we can't check the version history to find which device is adding the folder back. Can you try deleting the folder from your connected computers to see if that does the trick?

If not, we'll need to have a better look into this through our Support channel.

Let me know how it goes - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: A naughty folder that refuses to go away.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community @jimurozu!

This usually occurs because the folder/file isn't able to be deleted from a connected device due to it being opened or in use. As the folder can't be deleted, it then syncs back to the account.

However, since you don't have any files within the folder at all, we can't check the version history to find which device is adding the folder back. Can you try deleting the folder from your connected computers to see if that does the trick?

If not, we'll need to have a better look into this through our Support channel.

Let me know how it goes - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?