cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to reach maximum capacity with... no personal file posted !?!

About to reach maximum capacity with... no personal file posted !?!

Didier Fitvoye
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

I am harassed by emails warning me that my 2GB free capacity is about to be reached.

I have absolutely no personal files on Dropbox but a RW access to a 3TB community space.

I do not intend to use personal space, so every member of our group buying 3TB each is not a solution.

What did I misunderstood?

How to get rid of these warning mails ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @rsecoy, since shared folders take up quota on your account, you can simply delete the entire folder from your account. 

Afterwards, you can ask the owner to create a shared link to the folder, which will allow you to view it on the site, and a file request link, so you can upload files to their account directly.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

As the shared folder is in your account it uses your quota. Therefore you need enough space to be able to put it in your account. Your account does not benefit in any way from the other users upgrade. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

rsecoy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I also have the problem that I probably downloaded a shared files into my account which are over the 2TB limit.  Actually, I never intended to download these folders.  I only want to access the files on the other users account and to be able to upload to that users account.  How do I delete these files off my account and my computer?  If I delete them on my computer, will they also delete from the other users shared account?  Thank you.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @rsecoy, since shared folders take up quota on your account, you can simply delete the entire folder from your account. 

Afterwards, you can ask the owner to create a shared link to the folder, which will allow you to view it on the site, and a file request link, so you can upload files to their account directly.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jj63
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

We have an account with 2,000 GB storage of which 25.91 GB is used, and we constantly get the warning "Your Dropbox is full. Upgrade now to 2 TB (2,000 GB) of space and sharing features."

We are a volunteer community organisation and various folders are shared with about 20 members, all of whom can read / edit / write to the folder they have been given access.  Many, if not all of these members will be using a free 2 GB Dropbox account.

Why are we receiving the "Your Dropbox is full" warning when we have 1,924 GB of 2 TB storage unused?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@jj63 wrote:

Why are we receiving the "Your Dropbox is full" warning when we have 1,924 GB of 2 TB storage unused?

If you're receiving a message that your Dropbox is full, then it's likely full. Check your Plan page to see your actual usage, and also check your Backups page to see if you have any saved backups taking up space.

And remember, any shared folders you're a member of take up space in your account as well.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    jj63 New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    rsecoy New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?