cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access FIles after account closed

Access FIles after account closed

ChrisP123
Explorer | Level 3

After completing my one month free trial of Dropbox Business I have decided that it is not for me, and I need a small personal account. Today the 1 month ended and now I can not access any of my files on my laptop as it states they are no longer in the location. IS this because Dropbox is holing them? If so how do I get these back? It feels like I am being held to ransom, and to get them back I need to pay. 

These files are everything I need for ruming my small business and I don't know what to do. 

3 Replies 3

Re: Access FIles after account closed

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hi there @ChrisP123, I'd be more than happy to help!

It sounds like your account may have been converted to a free team, in which case, your files are still available. 

If you want to go back to using an individual Basic (free) account, go to this page and select to leave the team. 

Give it a try and let me know if you have any trouble along the way, thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ChrisP123
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your advice. Unfortunatley I have gone over my free quota. Is there any way of getting my files back without signing back up to a paid service? 

"A single team member going over quota does not affect any other members of a team.

If a member of a team goes over their individual storage quota, shared folders or files stop syncing for them only. No files are deleted, and syncing will resume when the team member is under quota again. "

Lusil
Dropboxer
You'll have to make space in order to bring your account under quota so that you can continue using your account. 

In this case, you can download the files to your computer and then remove them from your account. 

Some additional ways to tackle this can also be found here

However, your files should still be visible despite being over the storage limit. 

Are you by any chance missing files or shared content? 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?