cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Ross uses Dropbox to answer some new house questions here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Access denied when clicking on links to Dropbox Community

Access denied when clicking on links to Dropbox Community

fbl
New member | Level 2

I am getting the following message when I click on any links to pages in the Dropbox community:

Access Denied

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Return to my original page
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ed
Dropboxer

Hey Vicon,

We recently performed a batch-archive of old threads that were either out-dated or didn't add as much value as more recent ones about the same topic.

Unfortunately for a few weeks, these will still show up in Google searches and be cached but we hope this will help clear out content and make it easier for you and others to find answers and meaningful discussions here.

Thanks for understanding,

Cheers
Ed

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II
Can you post a screenshot fbl?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi there, are you experiencing this while signed into your account, or when you’re not logged in?

Are these links to forum threads, the banner, or any specific page?

Any info you can provide would help us further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Pikamander2
Super User
The message seems to be a somewhat generic error message produced by Lithium (which is used by the Dropbox Forums).

Can you please provide us with some examples of links that trigger the message?

Vicon
Helpful | Level 6

Here are some example links that gives me Access Denied message, even when I'm signed in to my dropbox community account:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/archive-board/restoring-computer-from-image-file-that-contains-outda...

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/archive-board/Does-uninstalling-dropbox-on-windows-10-delete-files/t...

I notice from the urls that they are under archive-board--perhaps that's why I cannot view them. Not sure if this is the same reason as the pages the original poster encountered. 

Ed
Dropboxer

Hey Vicon,

We recently performed a batch-archive of old threads that were either out-dated or didn't add as much value as more recent ones about the same topic.

Unfortunately for a few weeks, these will still show up in Google searches and be cached but we hope this will help clear out content and make it easier for you and others to find answers and meaningful discussions here.

Thanks for understanding,

Cheers
Ed

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Need more support?