cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access files and folders when using Chrome

Access files and folders when using Chrome

LeanneMc
Helpful | Level 5

I recently changed some settings in Chrome as instructed by the WorkSafe Vic site to be able to sign into their portal.

Now I can open Dropbox in Chrome and all I see is greyed boxes where my files should be.  I've tried logging out, but the icon is unresponsive.

I can access the files when using incognito chrome.  Why does it work incognito and not in a standard page?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Access files and folders when using Chrome

LeanneMc
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Walter,

Yes the issue was the result in a change to the browser settings.  I have tried returning the settings to what they were before and clearing the cache and browser history etc..  Nothing worked 😞 

Until today, I logged in and now have access to my files and folders.

Cheers

Leanne

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @LeanneMc; welcome to the Community!

Since an incognito window seems to be working just fine, this must be caused by either your browser's settings or a browser plugin or extension.

You can reset your browser to its default settings and/or remove its extensions and plugins one by one to see which is causing issues. 

I hope this helps and please keep us posted! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

LeanneMc
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Walter,

Yes the issue was the result in a change to the browser settings.  I have tried returning the settings to what they were before and clearing the cache and browser history etc..  Nothing worked 😞 

Until today, I logged in and now have access to my files and folders.

Cheers

Leanne

View solution in original post

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?