cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Access to "Folder" is limited

Access to "Folder" is limited

Joe F
Helpful | Level 6

In the last day or so, I have started to get this error message whenever I try and move a local file:

"Access to "Folder" is imited

We'll keep access to file.tmp the same. Add people to FOLDER too if you want them to have access to anything else in it. How to Manage acess."

Dropbox box then gives me a option to Cancel or Contimue moving. This happens with all locally shared files. I am not sure why all of a sudden this message has started poping up. I have double checked to make the folder is properly shared with me and it is. My boss siad that he has made no changes to the account, so there isn't an issue there. If anyone has ideas on how to fix this, it would be greatly aprreciated!

43 Replies 43

Liz-Ideate
Helpful | Level 6

This "feature" has broken our Licensing creation process, corrupting the license.  Please turn this off.

JKatCG
Helpful | Level 6

VERY HARD NUDGE!

This is a completely pointless 'feature'. All it really achieves is to irritate users and slow down workflows.

And what is the point of the 'How to manage access' link when it doesn't provide any useful information? I have spent too much time chasing links to find out how to disable this feature when it actually isn't possible.

What a mess! Please get his sorted quickly or you will be losing customers.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for nudging me back and I'm sorry to hear about your frustration, everyone. 

You can check out this thread, where a user suggests for the message to be suppressed or removed. 

There, you can also upvote it and comment alongside others who share the same interest. 

I understand this isn't much, but I hope it helps to some extent for now. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

JKatCG
Helpful | Level 6

I don't understand why you are directing us to a thread that post-dates the start of this thread, and is from the same user who started this thread. It smacks of intentional misdirection. It certainly is not resolving the issue, which is now at least three weeks old!

netsquire
Helpful | Level 6

The other thread has a Vote button. Everyone should vote for the removal of this new "feature." I have to wonder who beta tested this? Just people who use the web app?

Stevo11811
Helpful | Level 5

Just to update from my earlier post, the issue is confirmed and a ticket has been filled out for development i'm told, hopefully i hear back soon.

It happens on all team members except the person that created the folder even though "everyone" for Team permissions is set on the Root directory with nothing else and no limits.

Joe F
Helpful | Level 6

Thanks for that update! Ite explains why my boss isn't getting this error since he create the Team folder.

B Lange
Helpful | Level 5

Did this issue just go away?

Chris2020
Helpful | Level 5

I hope so! Just had one of our users check and she's reported that no messages this morning after moving several files so hopefully things are fixed.

JKatCG
Helpful | Level 6

The issue has gone away for us too. Thanks Dropbox for the quick action.

Need more support?