cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing team files

Accessing team files

worldofmoney
Explorer | Level 3

I am listed as an admin for my team; however I am unable to see all the folders. How do I fix this?  Everything appears to be in order but I am not seeing all of the folders that have been shared with me. Unable to get an direct answer from Dropbox so any assistance will be deeply appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Re: Accessing team files

Lori
Dropboxer

Hey @worldofmoney, I'd be more than happy to help!

Can I ask if you're using the desktop app or the website to access Dropbox when checking for your files? 

You should be able to see your shared folders (along with pending invites for shared content) under the Sharing tab.

It'd be amazing, if you could access your plan's page here and let me know if you have an Advanced or Standard Business plan.

Let me know what you find!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

worldofmoney
Explorer | Level 3

Lori,

I am accessing via the website. It looks like we have the DropBox basic plan.  I was told we had a paid plan. Could that be why I am not able to access the files?

Any assistance would be deeply appreciated.

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @worldofmoney, thanks for looking into this! 

If you see that you have the Basic plan, you might be part of a free team, hence any confusion.

Can you check if that's the case? If it is, leaving the free team would also work. 

Keep me posted on any updates you have! 

Cheers!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

worldofmoney
Explorer | Level 3

Lori,

Just want to be sure I get what you are saying....After verifying that there is a paid team.....I  should leave the free team....will the admin have to send me an invite for the team under the paid plan?  The message I got when I was went to leave the team was that the files would be part of a personal account ---so the folders I currently have access to will be in a personal account with my work email address? 

When the admin invites me to the new team what will happen to the folders/files I currently have access to? Not wholly familiar with Dropbox.....can you have a free team and a paid team with the same name on the account? Thanks for your assistance.

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @worldofmoney!

One email address, equals one Dropbox account. 

If you're part of a free team, you can either upgrade back on the Business plan, or leave the team (if your colleagues are using a different team). 

When you confirm that there's a paid plan for you to join, you can leave your free team and join the other Business account. You're right as to what happens when you leave, since your content would be under an individual plan, linked to your work email address.

If you need extra info, I'm always here.

Cheers!

Lori
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lori Dropboxer
    worldofmoney Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?