cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Deactivated - I can access the account but the folders are empty (Sentimental photos)

Highlighted

Account Deactivated - I can access the account but the folders are empty (Sentimental photos)

Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

My emails for dropbox were going to an older email address I now rarely access due to receiving so much spam there. I have now realised emails were sent there informing me my account would be deactivated late last year as I hadn't logged in for 12 months.

I logged in to Dropbox to retrieve some photos of my son from when he was younger, and my folder names and file names are all there but the folders and files are 'empty'.

Please help as these are really important photos that I had asssumed were safe in dropbox. I would be heatbroken if these were lost forever.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Account Deactivated - I can access the account but the folders are empty (Sentimental photos)

Dropboxer

Hi @Tahmahrah, let's get right to it and see what we can find!

Since you see the folders there, check your events page and deleted files tab for any additional information about what could have happened to the photos. 

Also, are these folders shared by any chance?

You can tell since it'll look like a regular folder but will have what looks like two people in the middle.

Let me know and we'll take it from there. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Account Deactivated - I can access the account but the folders are empty (Sentimental photos)

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lusil,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I can confirm they are not shared folders. I have also checked both the Events and Deleted pages and there is nothing in there relevant to the folder or files.

I have attached an example of a .JPG file I am trying to open that is 'Empty'. 

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 7.22.08 pm.png

Highlighted

Dropboxer

I see, in this case, I'd recommend contacting our team from this link, using an incognito window, without being signed in to your account. 

Once you submit a ticket, just let us know the ID (eg. #1234567) so that we can pass the comments along for you.

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?