cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Public Links Suspended Due To Excessive Traffic

Account Public Links Suspended Due To Excessive Traffic

Jeremy Burchard
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

1) How do I know how much traffic my links are generating. I didn't even know this was a thing, but I have a Dropbox account with 50+  GB of storage and routinely use it to share digital assets with collaborators. In this case I uploaded about 10gb worth of raw footage for a VFX artist to download. I have other people who need to review footage via links who can no longer access them due to this random suspension.

2) When will this suspension end and how can I expedite this?

3) How can I stop this from happening in the future?

3.5) Why is this how Dropbox chooses to handle their support requests?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

1) there are no metrics on Dropbox links I'm afraid. However, free users are limited to 20gb in bandwidth per rolling 24 hour period. 

2) free users / first time bans are 24 hours. Each subsequent one is longer. To remove sooner you can try and do an upgrade if the email you were sent offered this as a choice

3) Upgrade to a paid plan so you get more bandwidth or dont share as many large files 

3b) support depends upon your plan. Paid users can email/chat with Support at www.dropbox.com/support

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

1) there are no metrics on Dropbox links I'm afraid. However, free users are limited to 20gb in bandwidth per rolling 24 hour period. 

2) free users / first time bans are 24 hours. Each subsequent one is longer. To remove sooner you can try and do an upgrade if the email you were sent offered this as a choice

3) Upgrade to a paid plan so you get more bandwidth or dont share as many large files 

3b) support depends upon your plan. Paid users can email/chat with Support at www.dropbox.com/support

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Frederik A.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Why would I pay to update my account when the free account does not work?
The is ABSOLUTELY no way I generated too much traffic but tthere is no support.  
The you may remove the suspension by clicking this link does not work and generates a request to contact the non-existent support because Dropb x has an error!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Frederik A. New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?