cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Dropbox.com folder to dropbox files on a computer on which they previously didn'y exist

Re: Adding Dropbox.com folder to dropbox files on a computer on which they previously didn'y exist

DaveHaupt
Explorer | Level 4

I'm running Dropbox v102.4.431. A screenshot of the desktop app screen with the contents of the Outlook (selective sync conflict) is pasted below. I would expect the same files to appear in a folder named Outlook, which does not appear on my computer. The Outlook folder exists separately in my Dropbox.com account, in addition to the new Outlook (selective sync conflict) Folder. Both folders contain the same files as the Outlook (selective sync conflicts) folder in my new computer's {user] > Files folder.

DaveHaupt_1-1616678635619.jpg

Re: Adding Dropbox.com folder to dropbox files on a computer on which they previously didn'y exist

Daphne
Dropboxer
You're running an older version of the app there @DaveHaupt, as the latest stable version is 118.4.460.

Can you please visit this page, and download the latest version from there, to update the app to this version?

When you've done that, can you try accessing the selective sync settings once more to see if you can see the folder there?

The conflict folder is showing all the same files as you downloaded a copy of the actual folder from the website, so this would be expected.

The other option would be to delete the original "Outlook" folder from your account online, and then rename the folder appended with (Selective Sync Conflict) to just "Outlook".

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

DaveHaupt
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks so much! Although running the new version of the desktop app didn't help, your second solution worked.  I really appreciate all of your help!

Daphne
Dropboxer
I'm glad to hear that @DaveHaupt!

Don't hesitate to give me a nudge here if you need anything. 😀

Hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

DaveHaupt
Explorer | Level 4

Enjoy the rest of your week also, Daphne! Thanks again!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DaveHaupt Explorer | Level 4
    Daphne Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?